1/48 Percival Piston Provost x 3

Hi folks,

just put these puppies to bed after a long long build. Started in Aug 18. Kit had issues, needed the markings customized, lost interest, re picked up n finally done. Made two new freinds in the process both whom share the common love for the Piston Provost.

Finished as Royal Malaysian Air Force birds circa mid to late sixties. Decals a mix bag. Spinning prop, finished in gunze lacque n gaiga paints. The build log is in the WIP section. Checkers airbrushed on.

Modelled during the period my dad was a flying instructor at Alor Setar Malaysia. FM 1045  wore his name on the cockpit sill.

The other two 1049 and 1035 were of his colleagues. The pilot name decals was a massive brain fart on my part. Got them too big. No way to redo n delay the build anymore.

Pics

hBt3euA.jpg

hBt3euA.jpg630irbF.jpg

630irbF.jpgARnsbvk.jpg

uOR0ap7.jpg

Pcnuh9N.jpg

jwnmOIK.jpg

Rgds

brian

• Like 29

A beautiful trio of this characterful aeroplane with a very attractive paint scheme.  I don't even want to know how difficult it was to paint those checks!

Thanks alot guys

much appericate ...nice looking aircraft the provost...at least they are to me....

painting checkers ....lets just say, i will not want to repeat doing so any time soon....

rgds

I like them and the aircraft. For me one displayed at a Boscombe Down airshow in 82(?) and I don’t know why but it stays with me!, although I couldn’t remember the aircraft details.

i thought about buying one when these came out, but I read about the canopy issues and didn’t buy one.

Steve.

Cheers guys....not a easy kit to build.....a lot of issues...but can b built....

Tom....yes, they had solid orange tails....later they were repainted as how it is in my depiction here. The pic I passed to you, is a rare one....where the aircraft were going thru the change over as I suspect. Another clue would be the first aid boxes....in my depiction, it should also have small red crosses...on a white background...and in the pic I gave u...it was just writing....and no you may not have any puppies 😂😂😋

rgds