1/48 F-4B

Deano353

Hi guys, just have a quick question about the Academy kit, I have been making it and have decided it do it with the landing gear up. I don't know what I have done but the cockpit seems to be a terrible fit, I have had to really sand it and the refuelling probe sits in far enough that I have had to cut it away. I'm pretty sure it's me and not the kit as I have not read any issues with the fit before, but has anyone else had this problem with the F-4 from academy?

Sorry to hear you've got snags with your F-4B.

I can only say that the two F-4's I've built in 48th have had mixed fortunes with. The hasegawa kit I found to be an over engineered bag of crabs, however the Academy kit was 100% the opposite, its not perfect but I found it close. The fit was great and I built it from the box. I enjoyed it so much I have bought the J and am thinking of buying the Diamond Back's version. The build, as you know, follows the bigger scale Tamiya F-4. Probably not what you wanted to hear though?

Here's my Academy F-4B just before the masking tape came off the canopies.

IMG_1497

• Like 3

I've got one part built, and had no problems with it so far.  Cockpit was fine, so not sure what you may have done Dean. (you probably didn't want to hear this either, sorry, but so far its been an east build apart from the intakes)

Like WAFU< I went out and bought two more based on my experiences with the kit

Bruce