Bristol Britannia Regulus

Hello all

This is my representation of XM496 Regulus, which is on display down the road from me at Kemble. I used the Roden kit and decals from TwoSix.

A nice kit, but it does need  a bit of work to convert it into a RAF machine, the main thing being adding a Green Saturn Doppler radar fairing under the belly. I needed to add double skinning around the cargo and freight doors, and do a complete re scribe. The inner flaps are the wrong shape, so had to be altered, and I added a bit of plumbing to the u/c legs.

Although shown in the instructions, the aileron hings fairings were missing, so these were added, as where the flap fairings on the upper wing and altered on the elevators.

The engine nacelles were missing NACA inlets, and some inlets and outlets were in the wrong place or need reshaping, I also added the lights behind the nacelles that illuminated the wing leading ledge to inspect for ice.

Various aerials and vents were added to the fusealage.

I am greatly indebted to the people who keep this lady in fine shape. They were an immense help when I spent hours with a tape measure and going over their collection of technical books  

ajoTVgk.jpg

Ptq6Ire.jpgcUAbB1g.jpg

• Like 61

Lovely Britannia, such a beautiful aircraft.

Years ago there was a TV series called Airline (IIRC) where the star of the show was an ex RAF Britannia.

9 hours ago, junglierating said:

That is super good wish the Voyager were painted like that ...or at least a couple of them....need a head of shed who likes modelling or aviation history

Or better still, we still had Britannias, Argosies and VC-10s instead of Voyagers!

14 minutes ago, Lord Riot said:

Or better still, we still had Britannias, Argosies and VC-10s instead of Voyagers!

Look anything is better than those !%4&in Tristars....absolutely terrible very uncomfortable and the last one was in downbird at Seeb (Oman) fortunately a VC10 saved the day and it was no doubt faster  

On 05/03/2019 at 13:30, Neil.C said:

Years ago there was a TV series called Airline (IIRC) where the star of the show was an ex RAF Britannia.

It was called Buccaneer, and the 'Redair' Britannia was easily the best bit.

Brilliant Britannia (the real one ain't bad either!)

Dave

• Thanks 1

That's an excellent model. The Roden kit is pretty good out of the box but your improvements really make a difference. I'll be coming back here for reference the next time I build one.

Thanks for sharing. :goodjob:

Dave G

Beautiful model of a beautiful aircraft.  Brings back memories of an Air Experience Flight from Brize to Luqa and back when I was in the air cadets.

Thanks for sharing

Graeme