This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Brad

What's your favourite carp bait?

Have recently got back into fishing and just wondering what people's favourite bait was. I went carping today down to the local river, there's a nice isolated hole that has a drain going into it, saw some huge carp swimming around and what looked like a couple of reddies, but they didn't like my corn.

What's everyone use?

Usually any new Airfix kit... as soon as the first renders are released, people start carping...

😜

best,

M.

Brown bears, they are good at catching fish😃

I'm with Bentwaters - or maybe about 500g of Semtex ...

No brown bears in Australia, plus dropping a grenade into the pond might annoy the residents over the road!

Never been fishing for Carp as you don't get them in my neck of the woods but I did used to find the Go Fishing series with the late John Wilson very relaxing viewing and he was certainly daft on carp so you could probably do worse than look for some YouTube clips of him to see what he uses.

Draining upstream lakes in the middle of a drought so that the water is de-oxygenated and covered with algal bloom.

Carp by the truck load !.... and everything else including 100year old Murray Cod !

For our Northern Hemisphere readers, check out footage of the Darling River in outback NSW.

Rog

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, roginoz said:

Draining upstream lakes in the middle of a drought so that the water is de-oxygenated and covered with algal bloom.

Carp by the truck load !.... and everything else including 100year old Murray Cod !

For our Northern Hemisphere readers, check out footage of the Darling River in outback NSW.

Rog

And also check out this story https://www.beefcentral.com/news/nq-floods-channel-country-flows-a-rare-silver-lining/

or just search for the story to the directed page.

Edited by Mick4350

'Your Mother was a Stickleback' usually gets them riled up.

Seriously though, A work colleague catches Carp and I think he uses mincedmeat. Either using a baitboat or a catapult.

12 hours ago, Beardie said:

Never been fishing for Carp as you don't get them in my neck of the woods but I did used to find the Go Fishing series with the late John Wilson very relaxing viewing and he was certainly daft on carp so you could probably do worse than look for some YouTube clips of him to see what he uses.

At last, the voice of reason. The bloke asks for help & all he's had so far is the usual juvenile BM humour, but it was funny.

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

catapult.

A crossbow might be worth a try....

A li'l sweet talk; " my you're a  sexy little fishy, mmm fold back those fins, I got some ants egg pate, yeah I know you like that baby..."

NB: I have not been,  nor will ever go fishing, in this or any other lifetimes. this a figment of  my CA fume induced imagination, I talk to cats so why not I figured...

55 minutes ago, azureglo said:

I talk to cats so why not I figured...

Amen,i've got one sitting on my shoulder right now....

Chips. But they only seem to work with cod or haddock..... :)

24 minutes ago, Beardie said:

@azureglo I have to say that your entry is somewhat worryingly 'Troy McClure' in style.

As seen in Jesus and The Ten Thousand Fish Cakes with Baguettes  and  Jaws 22- The Koi Carp From Hell  ( the remake)

On 06/03/2019 at 00:34, Brad said:

No brown bears in Australia

Could a Koala be trained do you think?

40 minutes ago, John_W said:

Dunno, but probably a Drop Bear could.

4 hours ago, John_W said:

I'd love to have a go,cute little devils although i reckon you'd get more success with a Sloth.....

1 hour ago, Vince1159 said:

I reckon you'd get more success with a Sloth.....

I hear they make good cricketers. :whistle: