1:72 Matchbox Brewster Buffalo.

Hi folks, been four years since my last post so here goes with one I finished last year.

This is the 1:72 Matchbox Brewster Buffalo bought for a few pound from eBay and sat on the shelf of doom for a few years until I made a concerted effort last year to finish unfinished projects. 

A fun and basic wee build, it fit together well enough with a little

filler here and there. Painted in my own made up colour scheme as I decided to have some fun with it in the end. The original kit decals

were not in the best of shape but by jove they went on magnificently with setter and softer. 

61CBE3F8-1807-4FD9-A555-20A544ED5194_zps

F7C6A084-7ADA-48BF-A607-35D3AC98A3FA_zps

Edited by X Wing Flyboy
Problem with photo link
  • Like 37
  • Thanks 1

Very nicely done! The kit doesn't look its age!

One of my first builds was the Airfix Buffalo. I no longer have it but I have another in my stash to give it another go someday!

Miguel

• Like 1

Great job! I always find it interesting the much-maligned Buffalo has the highest kill to loss ratio in WWII with Finland. I have the 1/32 Special Hobby and Tamiya 1/48 kits. I look forward to nearly completing both. :)

• Like 1

That’s a great little model, really takes me back. I’m trying to remember, did the matchbox kit include the windows in the floor of the cockpit or not?