“It’s not red it’s Candy Apple red” 76 Ford Torino 1/25

Hello Spad !!

I smell the hot oil and burned tyre from here !!

Great job on the Torino !!

A Big Un ??

A 1/48 vac form B-52D ?? :evil_laugh:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, giemme said:

Amazing stuff, Johnny :worthy:

Hurry up with those wires, we want to hear the engine roar! :Tasty: 

Ciao

Thanks. All done. Just need to get it up and posted. 👍

6 hours ago, Hamden said:

Every inch a Torino in the right setting could well be mistaken for a 1:1 scale.

Roger

Too kind. Thanks. (I am a little bit happy with the way she has turned out mind.) 😇

4 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Looks sweet Johnny, 

Not all that far at all now mate.

Something big in the pipe line you said?

Mmmmmmh, thinking caps on lads.

Simon.

Thanks Simon. Yes, not 100% sure but I’m pretty confident it’s big and old. 🤔

3 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Spad !!

I smell the hot oil and burned tyre from here !!

Great job on the Torino !!

A Big Un ??

A 1/48 vac form B-52D ?? :evil_laugh:

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC. Not quite. As big as the lanc but getting there. 🧩

• Like 1

Looking really good now. It's those last little details which take the time, but you've got a good looking model there.

I can fully sympathise with you on the body - it's always one of the bits I dread until I've mated it to the chassis but that body spread is something we can't avoid (and not just because we're mostly at least middle aged here ;) ) - I even had to pull the body of the Trabant slightly and that's as boxy as they come. But you got it on without damaging anything which is always a result whatever the car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Spiny said:

Looking really good now. It's those last little details which take the time, but you've got a good looking model there.

I can fully sympathise with you on the body - it's always one of the bits I dread until I've mated it to the chassis but that body spread is something we can't avoid (and not just because we're mostly at least middle aged here ;) ) - I even had to pull the body of the Trabant slightly and that's as boxy as they come. But you got it on without damaging anything which is always a result whatever the car.

Thanks. Yes I did sweat a little bending her all out of shape. 😬

Well the last few bits got added tonight.

The strangest thing though. I don’t know if any of you have built this but there is no front license plate. The rear one is there but nothing for the front. There are decals but no instructions on where to put them and to be fair the one on the box front looks rendered. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Anyhoo I scratch built one. 👍😇

Well the bonnet fitted well.

47054506094_db477c78a6_b.jpg

And the wing mirrors went on a treat. 👌

32900115217_a09933c26c_b.jpg

the scratched license plate looks good on even in that dodgy pic.

46927836175_f9ffd7af8f_b.jpg

The rear end I’m happy with. I’m glad the decals for the logos worked well. I was going to use the pen but decided against it. 🙏

well there we are. I’ll polish her up ready for a RFI. I’ve ordered some bits for the new build from the BIG yellow shop.

should be here soon. I’ll post a link on this thread when I start it up.

thanks for dropping in on this build. It won’t be my last car that’s for sure. Do they do an old American cop cruiser I wonder. 🤔

hope you all all had a great Monday.

All the best and as always....

Happy Modelling.

Johnny.

• Like 14

What a wonderful looking car. Very impressed. Should they or some company come out with the actors at the time would quite well with this build. Outstanding representation. As far as a police car. AMT and MPC did one a very long time ago, but haven't looked lately.

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, f111guru said:

What a wonderful looking car. Very impressed. Should they or some company come out with the actors at the time would quite well with this build. Outstanding representation. As far as a police car. AMT and MPC did one a very long time ago, but haven't looked lately.

Ron VanDerwarker

Thanks Ron. I’ll have a gander for the cruiser. 👨‍✈️

• Like 1

Now that's a great car Spad !

Congratulations !

Sincerely.

CC

Not as big as the Lanc ?? Has it wings ?? No, you gonna start the Gundam !!

• Thanks 1

The first car build I've followed Johnny and well worth the diversion - great build thread and marvellous result.

Well done matey! :) 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Now that's a great car Spad !

Congratulations !

Sincerely.

CC

Not as big as the Lanc ?? Has it wings ?? No, you gonna start the Gundam !!

Thanks CC nope not the Gundam. 😆

12 hours ago, CedB said:

The first car build I've followed Johnny and well worth the diversion - great build thread and marvellous result.

Well done matey! :) 

Glad you liked her Mr B. 

7 hours ago, giemme said:

Superb! :worthy:  :worthy: 

Ciao

Thanks G

7 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

On the question of the next build , a Henchel 126 ?

Simon.

Nope. Good guess though.

Thaks for all the kind words fellas. While waiting for the RFI I guess you could help me with this. 😉

Happy modeling you lot. 🥰

• Like 3

Fine looking Ford, congratulations!!!

At first I was a little bit confused because of the pre shading, but it does the job perfectly, I'll keep it in my mind.

Hope to see another car made by you.

By the way... I'm still missing the the 2 guys who used the Torino everyday to look like it is now..

A couple of days ago you asked for cop cars... 

AMT did the joker car including options for a cop car. And if I remember right, there were also a 48 and a 50 something Ford from Revell USA including options for a cop car. A Chevy Impala cop car was also available from Revell but this is quiet modern

Enjoy friday evening

Marco F.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 5/17/2019 at 4:01 PM, Hewy said:

The paint job has turned out smashing,  that's cracking representation👍it knocks the boring, perfect gloss showroom look into a cocked hat. 

Glynn 

Thankyou Sir. and appologies fir the super late reply. :)

On 5/17/2019 at 5:36 PM, Marco F. said:

Fine looking Ford, congratulations!!!

At first I was a little bit confused because of the pre shading, but it does the job perfectly, I'll keep it in my mind.

Hope to see another car made by you.

By the way... I'm still missing the the 2 guys who used the Torino everyday to look like it is now..

A couple of days ago you asked for cop cars... 

AMT did the joker car including options for a cop car. And if I remember right, there were also a 48 and a 50 something Ford from Revell USA including options for a cop car. A Chevy Impala cop car was also available from Revell but this is quiet modern

Enjoy friday evening

Marco F.

Thanks and thanks also for the info on the cop cars.  I'm after a 70s / 80s one there is a TJ Hooker kit I have my eyes on. :)

4 hours ago, mustang1989 said:

This car looks really good. Love the paint and the fact that the hood fit good. Hood fit always gives be problems but yours looks like it's sitting on the body very well.

Thank you. Yeah the fit was pretty much spot on. 🥰