Thanks Rick! 😀

13 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

You're right Spad !!

Never stay too long far from winged things

Even Flying piano indeed !!

CC

Never a truer word spoken. 

36 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

That paintwork looks great, a little micromesh and it will gleam!

What on earth is a gundam?

Ian

I tried Micro mesh but spots of the red came away. So I left it be. I’ll explain how I moved it on in the next post. A Gendam is a ruddy big suit / robot thing from the 70s 80s erm. 90s?  I made one back in the early 80s, not this big mind. A certain itch that needs scratching. 🤩

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Quick update. I nearly made or did make a right hash of the body work tonight.😣 I wanted to knock back the white stripe with a post shade of smoke. It worked really well until I got too close and put to much on and it pooled. 🙄 fatale error of trying to get

it off with thinner and s cotton bud. Note to the wise, never do this . EVER. 😲

No pics as I was

buzzing around trying to save it. I tried to mask it off and spray white but pulled the decal off with the tape. 😧

Honestly.  🐻

So I put it to one side for a sec and helped the boy make a web shooter out of plasticard. 🕸️ That calmed me down a bit. 

Everything dried while this was happening so I fingered it couldn’t look any worse so Hairy stick time. Thinned white X1 and a steady hand and it wasn’t looking too bad. I figured a gloss blast will cover a multitude of sins. It did. I can still see the errors but it’s not so bad and I’m more happy with the gloss. Still not Amazing but ok for my first blast at cars. 

47616283991_178cea05e4_b.jpg

looking at the pics I can’t really see the bad parts so let’s pretend they’re not there eh. 🐶 ( it’s on the top side just before it hits the roof ) 🙊

46892082464_5b292ae570_b.jpg

The gloss is still a bit bobbly but it’s loads better.  I’m looking at the pics and feeling better about the car than I was at the start of the post.

32673702947_91ea24f4e3_b.jpg

Rear shots looking saucy. 

47563390412_fb2b4eeb43_b.jpg

ooh look a chrome pen. I’m goi g to take @CedB‘s advice by shaking, shaking, shaking, then shaking some more. But not tonight. I don’t want any more thumb prints. GOT beckons. 🐺

Here’s a Tamiya pot I doodled on after some shaking action.

47563389452_b29a8f2ac7_b.jpg

Looks like a plan.

Thanks for popping in guys. Take care and as always.

Happy Modelling.

Johnny apples. 

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

There is nothing there that cannot be buffed out Johnny, if necessary that is.

She looks great with some colour added to her.

Simon 

Thanks Simon. 🤸‍♂️

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 11

Looks a great save to me :clap:

Then again, I would have masked and sprayed that ginormous white band, but I'm biased 'cause I hate decals.... :whistle:

Ciao

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, giemme said:

Looks a great save to me :clap:

Then again, I would have masked and sprayed that ginormous white band, but I'm biased 'cause I hate decals.... :whistle:

Ciao

I was thinking of you while in mid panic saying “I told you so” 😄 you’re right of course. And thanks. 😍

Johnny

• Haha 3

Nice save on the decal, like you said some gloss and a nice angle on the camera hides a lot of crimes 🙂 ... I have this kit too, and I'm not looking forward to that big white decal, I usually don't have much luck with these things. Although I guess it's probably a matter of skills 😏

• Thanks 1

Great save Johnny and I certainly can't see the great repair.

Looking very good from here :) 

I hope you like the chrome pen!

• Thanks 1

On 4/15/2019 at 10:12 PM, The Spadgent said:

I was thinking of you while in mid panic saying “I told you so” 😄 you’re right of course. And thanks. 😍

Johnny

Saying that at this precise time is the best way to receive anything at hand dead center on your forehead...

At CC castle at least Huh....

Now, perhaps I'm not the only one :whistle:

Great save on the Torino Dear Spad !! I know that great feeling of solitude when everything seem to go spinning down !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well you've made a what could have been a boring straight paint job most eye catching,   looking at the pre shading before the paint I had doubts, but and it's a big but, it really looks eye-catching indeed, great job

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2019 at 9:13 PM, Avereda said:

Damn, I may have to doodle on all my Tamiya pots now

Do it! Great fun, reminds me of when I was a kid scribbling on Robinson juice bottles. I think they had a park ranger on them? 🐻

On 4/16/2019 at 6:48 AM, JeroenS said:

Nice save on the decal, like you said some gloss and a nice angle on the camera hides a lot of crimes 🙂 ... I have this kit too, and I'm not looking forward to that big white decal, I usually don't have much luck with these things. Although I guess it's probably a matter of skills 😏

Thanks, it’s not that bad now to be fair, you can see the damage what’s left of it just above the Tamiya pot in the last pic. More annoying, than anything. The gloss hides less than mat I find.🐶

On 4/16/2019 at 11:03 AM, CedB said:

Great save Johnny and I certainly can't see the great repair.

Looking very good from here :) 

I hope you like the chrome pen!

Thanks Ced. The pen is great, I used it on the Lightning but noticed it had gone “fizzy” but your shake technique seems to work great. 😎

On 4/16/2019 at 11:35 PM, spoly said:

the only thing i don't like about the chrome pen is that if you handle the parts too much, the shine comes off.

I can solve that problem. 😃

On 4/20/2019 at 8:01 AM, corsaircorp said:

Saying that at this precise time is the best way to receive anything at hand dead center on your forehead...

At CC castle at least Huh....

Now, perhaps I'm not the only one :whistle:

Great save on the Torino Dear Spad !! I know that great feeling of solitude when everything seem to go spinning down !!

Sincerely.

CC

It’s almost times like that but coming out the other end that makes our hobby worth while. Or am I just being masochistic? 😮  

On 4/20/2019 at 11:52 PM, Hewy said:

Well you've made a what could have been a boring straight paint job most eye catching,   looking at the pre shading before the paint I had doubts, but and it's a big but, it really looks eye-catching indeed, great job

Why thank you sir. I’m really quite happy with it too. 🤩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi guys ‘n’ gals.

sotting in a camper van on a rainy afternoon in the gives me a chance for a small update from the past few visits to the bench. Nothing major but steady stuff.😊

I used some plastic sheet I found when we were at the custard factory to mask off the rest of the car while masking off the innards with Tamiya tape.

black rubber first.

46780049445_dfa0056fb3_b.jpg

Then a spot of weather wash.

47696150151_188c354170_b.jpg

not bad. Needs some darks and lights with some other colours added too. I’ll also add some battery cables etc after everything is in place.

The wheels are now dry after painting a not so chrome colour. I used Vallejo extreme metals.

33818729108_47fcba991a_b.jpg

After the gloss had dried I used the Tamiya black wash. “Enamel” works well, nice and subtle.

33818729218_077d607a2e_b.jpg

all wheels are done. I love the way I had to use my swan Morten as a little tyre iron to put the rubber parts on.🤩

ooops. Zero needs to go for a quick you know what. I’ll pick up again in a few minutes.  Fingers crossed the rain holds off.

See you in a bit.

Johnny.

• Like 8

Rrrrright then. Dog walked, rabbits avoided, tea brewed. 😃

I have decided to darken the chrome bits with Tamiya enamel wash rather than Flory. So from this.

47696149431_48710a8489_b.jpg

We get this.

47696149161_21eb3d10c8_b.jpg

still wet on this pic but I like the look.

I want to get all the parts together now so I can finalise things. The clear parts need a maskin’ So the pin marks on the sun visors got done and the main windshield got masked and cut. “New number 10 blade please.” 😁

47696149501_d5741bfc0b_b.jpg

The rear too.

46780049525_801ca40cb9_b.jpg

I found that I wanted to paint both sides so the masking on the inside had to be done free hand.

The side windows were also free hand but I found hiding them up to my work lamp I could see where to cut.

47696148911_e6aa25859b_b.jpg

a few slices later aaand.

47696148801_2db1302833_b.jpg

lovely. 

That kids is where we are. Well to be honest I’m currently in wet wales eating job bobs and drinking tea while catching up on BM.

33818729008_df5ec00d84_b.jpg

could be worse things I suppose. 

Hope you’re all having a lovely week.

Take care and as always, Happy Modelling.

Johnny. 

• Like 11

17 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

could be worse things I suppose

Yes, it could be raining. Oh, wait .... :rofl: :coat:

Lovely job on the various details, John :clap: :clap:  Not far from completing now, I guess

Ciao

Edited by giemme
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice job Dear Spad !

the battery caps were usually red on the US batteries

If you have a yellow little placard from another kit left, you can add it on the battery !

it's a warning sign saying that the battery can explode.... No ??? Really ???

Good looking rims too !!

Next time, I will try Hob Nobs !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

Great work and masking Batman!

I love that photo of Mrs S obviously enjoying her biscuit - and Zero watching on. Did he get one? We need to know! :D 

• Thanks 1

On 4/25/2019 at 4:00 PM, giemme said:

Yes, it could be raining. Oh, wait .... :rofl: :coat:

Lovely job on the various details, John :clap: :clap:  Not far from completing now, I guess

Ciao

Yes indeed. It’s been a very damp holiday. 😀

On 4/25/2019 at 4:22 PM, Spookytooth said:

Steady going there Johnny.

Looking rather nice, not over done.

Enjoy the Hob Nobs,,,If there is any left?

Simon.

Thanks. No all gone. 

23 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Nice job Dear Spad !

the battery caps were usually red on the US batteries

If you have a yellow little placard from another kit left, you can add it on the battery !

it's a warning sign saying that the battery can explode.... No ??? Really ???

Good looking rims too !!

Next time, I will try Hob Nobs !!

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC they are actually painted red back at the ranch but I didn’t take a pic yet. I can highly recommend the HobNob. 🤩

12 hours ago, SA80A2AR said:

very nice paintjob.  i like then engine as well

Thank you sir. 

10 hours ago, CedB said:

Great work and masking Batman!

I love that photo of Mrs S obviously enjoying her biscuit - and Zero watching on. Did he get one? We need to know! :D 

Thanks Ced. He didn’t get one as Chocolate is bad for the hound. Don’t worry though he has lots of treats. 🐺

• Like 2