"Sleepy Time Gal" - P-47 Razorback 1/72

Hello all - this is my just finished Tamiya P-47 Razorback in 1/72 - Sleepy Time Gal. It was a very nice kit and was a very enjoyable to build. Fit was great and it's just very well engineered. If you're looking to do a razorback in the scale, look no further. Maybe a bit more pricey than others out there but well worth it IMHO. As always, I had trouble dealing to Tamiya's kit decals but I got there in the end. Aftermarket details were: Eduard seat belts, Aber turned brass gun barrels (although technically they are gun barrel covers) and a Yuhu Photo etched instrument panel. Painted with Tamiya Acrylics, weathered with oils and Mig pigments. 

P47P47P47P47P47P47P47P47P47P47P47P47P47

I did a wip which if you're interested, you can check out here: 

I've already got the bubble top version so looking forward to getting on with that - no doubt it will be just a nice as this one. 

Thanks for looking :)

• Like 56

Top job!

Love to see P-47's in my preferred scale.

The shading and panel lines are superb.

The aftermarket harness looks awesome - might have to try one of these myself.

:clap:

• Thanks 1

A lovely job on that John, I seem to have missed the WiP, maybe the title was too obtuse for me but I've just had a whiz through it, some top modelling in there. & a result to be well proud of.

Steve.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, mark.au said:

Great work there, I really like the P-47's and Razorbacks moreso.

Thanks Mark - yours is great too :)

5 hours ago, kapam said:

The aftermarket harness looks awesome - might have to try one of these myself.

Eduard seat belts - I got those ones in a set so you can equip a few aircraft - they're well worth the money...!

3 hours ago, Beggsy said:

I think I've just found another model to put on my wishlist!

It's a great kit - you won't regret it :)

2 hours ago, Roger Newsome said:

That turned out great and the wip was very informative so thanks for that too. 👍

Thanks Roger :)

39 minutes ago, clive_t said:

That's a great result, the WIP was very interesting to follow too

Thanks Clive :) and @Courageous ....! 

37 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

Nice razorback! Gotta love those pin-up girls.   :)

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill - I do love those pin up girls. Hard to understand why a p47 wouldn’t have one 😂. I guess it really tells a story about the plane.. and it’s pilots... makes it even more interesting.  I’ve got the bubble top version in the queue and it’s going to get one too...

This looks terrific -- great job!  The WIP was fun to follow too.  It turned out great even with the decal difficulties.  I can't wait to do mine -- I found after market "Little Chief" decals, so thanks for the heads up on that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, opus999 said:

This looks terrific -- great job!  The WIP was fun to follow too.  It turned out great even with the decal difficulties.  I can't wait to do mine -- I found after market "Little Chief" decals, so thanks for the heads up on that.

Thanks opus - you should do a Wip when you get to your p47 - I enjoyed your mig build. If you get into trouble with your big chief decals never fear, I have 2 spare sets😃

• Haha 1

Cracking job there, and a really good WIP as well. Thoroughly enjoyed watching her come together (fnar fnar).

Still resisting getting one. I did accidentally get a Barracuda when I was in Dorking models tho. Just to practice my painting on...

Great stuff!

Geoff 

• Like 1