Searching pictures of raf pneumatic servicing trolleys

christian Boehm

Hello

I finished a (1/72) Blenheim Mk I , while my Mk IV is still in on the workbench

The MK I , in 1940 cam, will be set on a small dio and I would lioke to put on my Flightpath raf pneumatic servicing trolley (see picture of the kit ).

Its mechanism can be seen on some pictures found ont the net ( see second photo)  as well as a close photo  of a Malta museum displayed  trolley. But anyway  it seems this craft was covered with canvas…

raf_pn10.jpg

raf_pn10.png

But I didn't be able to find any photo of that trolley in  WW2 duty on airfields. Does somebody found something ?

thanks a lot

christian

• Like 1

I've just tried to get into my GSE pdf, but it won't open. In the meantime, if you input "Low Pressure Pneumatic Servicing Trolley" into google and hit 'images', you should get something. You can park one of these next to a Chipmunk or Bulldog as the RAF were still using them at Newton until 1980 at least.

Very early models (the 1a) were fitted with metal wheels the 1b indicates an upgrade to pneumatic tyres, as per the trolley acc.

They were pigs to start, with an updraft carburettor. It was usual to leave the jubilee clip on the connecting rubber hose between air filter and carb loose. That way a piece of quimwipe soaked in petrol could be stuffed in to get it to fire, using a starting handle set just a little too high up to be comfortable. Happy days!

• Like 1

hello Ossington and Larumivi (Hello Denmark !)

Thanks

you are the 2 ones that so lonesome answered ...

it seems this stuff was quite few worth photographying during the 30 and 40 ties ...

But this link seems the more usefull :

http://hmvf.co.uk/topic/27113-ww2-air-ministry-airborne-compressor-trailer/

No track for field pictures but good shots of  some found wrecks ...

The 1/72 stuff will come with my Blenheim 1940 small dio including a Thomson TB3 refueler as well

Both are representative of "old fashion" vehicles

Thanks ++ !

christian