Ferrari 348 Tb

Hi All,

Finally calling this one done. It was not without its issues!

Over the years, I have had trouble with Hasegawa kits. I actually binned a 1/24th Ferrari 189, because of several mistakes that I made putting it together. It rather put me off them for a while...

If you look at the build log, you'll see that I had problems with the steering (steering rack too short) and front suspension (one wishbone decided to detach itself... twice!)

In a moment of clumsiness while trying to put the body on to the floor, I dropped the body on to the floor (A hard laminate floor...). At first, I didn't see anything obviously wrong, until I looked a bit more closely at the rear of he body. A large piece had broken away! Luckily, I found the broken piece, and was able to re-cement the part on without any really visible line on the bodyshell.

Also, while assembling the bodyshell onto the floor, one of the front springs dropped out. I thought, "stuff it, no one can see it..." and no one can.

So, here are the pictures:

y4m_xY8TuM96FKW7vWkWxvE0U794wrDU-VCdsUuw

y4mDJh23GY69e6eF7ocQdNnFtS1UcV7sPmCC5Q7q

y4m7H8p-OjJ9ZQwq9sIxU7LYiMIIYkMDdmhdAJs2

y4m8YStJRHWwFPd-cGPeH2Oz0V2InZZE4KgkR-CW

y4m0Hnro6yYfd98Znv0hPprkvYxMNUfi4jhNKJmb

y4mdwg_-o2KYDxBIqOTXEilf-DBfZc0xee513reh

y4m9Rq0qVRVDEl2_ydDzHG1vQdjrs_QO-7aiTdKd

I managed to get a good shine on the paintwork using Halford's polishing compound. This stuff is a foam that you spray from a can. I then used a very soft cloth to gently rub the compound in, followed by a gentle rub with a soft cloth. Quite a shine came up.

It's not perfect by any stretch, but I am very pleased with the outcome, despite the problems. I will be building more Hasegawa kits in the future...

I has joined the car park.

Any comments are always welcome.

Thanks for looking,

Alan.

• Like 14

Hello Alan,

another real good looking car.

Even so 348 is not my favorite Ferrari,

I really like the result and it make me think once again about my opinion concerning the 348.

Thanks for showing

Cheers

Marco F.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, colin said:

and the wheels look very nice in that silver

Hi Colin,

I cant take any credit for the wheels. Hasegawa provide them in satin chrome that mimics alloy rather well.

Cheers, Alan.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...