Recognition Test for a Rainy Day

Sabrejet

A-4s, RA-5 Vigilantes, F-4 Phantoms, an OV-10 Bronco, a F-111, 4 F-8 Crusaders and what looks like a Banshee on its own at top right of photo. On and a CH-53. 

• Like 1

Phantom, Skyhawk, Crusader, Bronco, Vigilante, HH-3E, T-33 Shooting Star, F-111 and HH-43 Huskie. Can’t make out what the fuselages are in front of the Shooting Star, possibly more Skyhawks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Coombs said:

Not just any old F-111. Isn't that an ill-fated B model to the left of the Phantoms and Crusaders?

That's it F-111B Navy variant

• Like 2

Is that a Skyknight sitting on its own to the top of the image above the Vigilantes?

Edited by Des
adding the second 'k' in Skyknight
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Threadbear said:

A-4s, RA-5 Vigilantes, F-4 Phantoms, an OV-10 Bronco, a F-111, 4 F-8 Crusaders and what looks like a Banshee on its own at top right of photo. On and a CH-53. 

7/10: good work!

1 hour ago, Muzz said:

Phantom, Skyhawk, Crusader, Bronco, Vigilante, HH-3E, T-33 Shooting Star, F-111 and HH-43 Huskie. Can’t make out what the fuselages are in front of the Shooting Star, possibly more Skyhawks.

6/10: not bad and I can see where you're going with the HH-43.

1 hour ago, Threadbear said:

Could those wingless fuselages be F-11F Tigers?

Sadly not, though there were a few F11Fs on the ranges. I'll give you those: they are all A-4s.

1 hour ago, Steve Coombs said:

Not just any old F-111. Isn't that an ill-fated B model to the left of the Phantoms and Crusaders?

Yep - nice one!

1 hour ago, Jabba said:

I think that the helicopters in the top left hand are UH-1s, and the fuselage on the centre right hand side is an A-7.

Oh you lot are good! It is indeed. One left to get then!

54 minutes ago, Des said:

Is that a Skyknight sitting on its own to the top of the image above the Vigilantes?

Right era - wrong type.

Brilliant, I was too late to the party to stand a chance but even so I was pleased at what I did get, wouldn't have picked the A-7 carcasses in a million years quite a long time though.

Steve.

• Like 1

It took me repeated „drawing larger“ of the pic to spot the Bronco. Camouflage works then... I also would have gone for a Banshee, though I thought it a bit large to be one. So the Scorpion is the AF loner among the Navy lot, doesn’t make it easier... Nice game 😊

• Like 1

Drat- by the time I saw the photo, everybody had nailed the airplanes! I did think that the "Banshee" was an F-89, going by the shadow of the stabilizer and fin...Constance Babington Smith ain't got nuthin' on me! 😜

Mike

On the first pic, what is on the stand that is behind the UH-1s? I see at least 2 prop blades and have something in mind but cant for the life of me correctly remember what it is. It could just be a C-133 engine/prop set.

Pic 2 i think contains B-29, Skyraiders, B-47, Skyhawks(A-4B/C, E, TA-4F), F-9 Panther and maybe the F-111B from the previous picture.

Arabest,

Geoff.

2 minutes ago, Jazzie said:

On the first pic, what is on the stand that is behind the UH-1s? I see at least 2 prop blades and have something in mind but cant for the life of me correctly remember what it is. It could just be a C-133 engine/prop set.

Pic 2 i think contains B-29, Skyraiders, B-47, Skyhawks(A-4B/C, E, TA-4F), F-9 Panther and maybe the F-111B from the previous picture.

Arabest,

Geoff.

I think it may be a C-133 engine: I have a shot somewhere. And the F-111B is a second one rather than the same one as in the previous shot.