1/48 Kitty Hawk Su-22M3

1 hour ago, F-32 said:

Excellent work!

One question, shouldn't the cockpits be in Russian turquoise?

The instruction says that its an aircraft gray and the references photos show that color too.  and also the Eduard colored PEs I used are also painted with gray.

Beautifully built Fitter - love the colours and weathering. I have built the single seat Kittyhawk Fitter and it was not an easy build so well done. Just one thing, it should be a SU-22UM3.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, F-32 said:

Excellent work!

One question, shouldn't the cockpits be in Russian turquoise?

The Russian Turquoise is a MiG colour for cockpits. Sukhoi's are blue grey.

Incredible model. You're right up there in the top echelons of modellers who achieve perfection in their models and then match it with stunning photography.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Baldy said:

Beautifully built Fitter - love the colours and weathering. I have built the single seat Kittyhawk Fitter and it was not an easy build so well done. Just one thing, it should be a SU-22UM3.

Cheers

Malcolm

most likely it is a Su-17UM3.... Su-22s were export models, but Ukraine inherited the Soviet ones... apart from designation, they were more or less identical!      but of course I stand corrected ;)

great model by the way!!

cheers, 

Werner

• Like 1

On 3/4/2019 at 5:58 PM, exdraken said:

most likely it is a Su-17UM3.... Su-22s were export models, but Ukraine inherited the Soviet ones... apart from designation, they were more or less identical!      but of course I stand corrected ;)

great model by the way!!

cheers, 

Werner

I think you may be correct - Su-17UM3 it is. According to Yefim Gorden's book, the only real difference between the 17 and 22 was the ability of the 17 to carry and deliver nuclear weapons and the minor cockpit differences due to this.

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1