Tamiya LRDG Chevrolet

I took a break from aircraft after receiving this kit as a present, i never knew it took so long painting all the accessories and figures! Quite enjoyed the build, kept weathering to a minimum as all the photos i have seen online showed that the vehicles looked in pretty good order save for a bit of dust.

LRDG2-X3.jpg

LRDG3-X3.jpg

LRDG5-X3.jpg

LRDG4-X4.jpg

LRDG1-X3.jpg

• Like 26

Oh bother! NOT NEARLY ENOUGH PHOTOS! 4x as many would be the bare minimum for this great classic of a kit!

I say that because it looks like you've done a fantastic job and I want to see much more, with close-up shots as well!

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder, here are some more photos. I chopped and changed the figures in the kit a little to fit them to the layout of the truck. I used a mixture of copper wire, solder, Albion alloys tubing and plastic card for detailing. For the wooden plank by the spare wheel i scored a piece of plastic card to get the wood grain and then used a punch and die set to make the fastening studs.

DSC_1150-M.jpg

DSC_1159-M.jpg

DSC_1162-X3.jpg

DSC_1169-X3.jpg

DSC_1156-X3.jpg

• Like 11

I had started on of those over 30 years ago, but had to box it up for a house move before completion. By the time I had a place set up in the new house and got around to this again, the vinyl tires had all split and/or had stuck themselves to some of the plastic. Does yours have vinyl tires?

Chris

3 hours ago, dogsbody said:

I had started on of those over 30 years ago, but had to box it up for a house move before completion. By the time I had a place set up in the new house and got around to this again, the vinyl tires had all split and/or had stuck themselves to some of the plastic. Does yours have vinyl tires?

Chris

Hi Chris.

I also built this kit, some 40 odd years ago, hence my interest in it. I was also going to ask if the tyres were still made from vinyl, but knowing Tamiya, I realised that was a stupid question!

Thanks for the extra photos @BigginHill.  I (and many others, will, I'm sure) appreciate them greatly. You've done a cracking job.

I have banned myself from buying any more kits, but you've got me dribbling over this one and I may have to rebel!

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder

• 2 weeks later...