USMC CH-46E "Bullfrog" 1/48

Winnie

Here is the box, contents and AM for my build. Unfortunately I'm several 100 miles away from my bench, and also have 2 other builds going! Pretty sweet to get snowed in with 3 Helo builds in one go!

Anyway, the kit is the venerable Academy kit, in 48th, with Cobra Company Resin, a Big Ed set, and MAW decals. I hope to do it some justice, but don't expect much! Looking forward to slapping some paint and glue on, around Monday, get to go home unexpected mid shift for 3 days, for some planned maintenance, so may as well eh?

TAdtf6B.jpg

iCw2ni0.jpg

59GxECt.jpg

Cheers

Harald/Winnie

Edited by Winnie
Resized pictures
  • Like 8

three tone is my intention, I loved it when they visited northern Norway when I was a wee lad. Solid green or 3 tone was the norm then (early to late 80s.)

• Like 1

As MM says that's an impressive collection of after market goodies. It also looks like a very nice kit. Looking forward to seeing this come together. I'm a little surprised at the lack of AM for my Hobby Boss kit, just decals and the odd masking set.

I started... looks like it will have to be a low vis grey... I need the smaller sponsons for the tri-colour camo... dang.

I also won't use all the CC resin. Some of the pourblocks are VERY thick... oh well. I'll post pictures when I get back to work. Left my laptop there...

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Winnie said:

I started... looks like it will have to be a low vis grey... I need the smaller sponsons for the tri-colour camo... dang.

I also won't use all the CC resin. Some of the pourblocks are VERY thick... oh well. I'll post pictures when I get back to work. Left my laptop there...

I look forward to the pictures.

I didn't know that there were different size sponsons on the US versions, a pity as I like the three tone scheme but low vis grey is still good.

Apparently they put enlarged the sponsons on the E. The originals had the updated engines with the same sponson as the D...  oh well... this is my third Vertol, so should be easy sailing... I am at shoot myself in the foot with the PE and Resin though. I'm using some but decidedly not all. Now to figure what configuration for seats....

• Like 1

A couple of progress photos as I am back at work... 5 more sleeps then I get to return to the bench.

Just cabin interior with 36231 on it, and black on the floor. Had to redo the floor due to stupidity.

aj36Wrs.jpg

Sidewall with decals, I did paint some of the boxes black later. took quite a bit of the Mark Fit Strong by Tamiya to make the "stickers" conform,

zd54NJo.jpg

Seats glued together. I did attempt to use the Cobra Front seats, but 1 they do not fit the support struts, and it is beyond my capability to make the supports, and the armor would not conform properly. Oh well, I got quite a deal on this so will accept that it is what it is, and leave it as is. I may give the leftovers to someone else after, we'll see...

73opuge.jpg

I have made up the aft Pylon, and the landing gear sponsons, but did not manange to get a picture before I had to take my work vehicle back to work after some maintenance...

I have decided  99% on what color scheme I will use too, Rocky 604 of which there is a nasty video of it attempting to land on a ship, then hooking the rear wheel and rolling over into the drink...

Anyway, as I said... 5 days.

• Like 5

Still faffing about with the internals, just about to attach the last few bits of seatbelts. I'll throw up a photo after that.

In the meantime, here is a photo of the 2 others I built, with the current phrog in the background...

zZj5XVS.jpg

they are decent kits for sure!

• Like 8