Revell 1/32 Fw 190 F-8

Built a couple of years ago and a foray into 1/32 scale, here is my Revell Fw 190 F-8. I used an Eduard cockpit picked up cheap at a show, Eduard wheels and HGW belts. The kit was a bit of a disappointment after all the excitement of a new large scale Wurger - details are a bit heavy handed and the fit around the cowl was difficult. All in all though, an enjoyable kit. I preferred not to show the engine which, although quite well detailed, was a little heavy handed. The aircraft modelled was found abandoned in Southern Germany at the end of the war. It had originally been built as an A-8 but converted, possibly after battle damage, as an F-8. A couple of photographs exist of the machine with no canopy and, since I prefer the old style canopy and taut antenna wire, I used artistic license and surmised that the canopy was an old style one scavenged from another wreck. Markings were from EagleCals and the RLM 76/75/83 colours were courtesy of Gunge Mr aqueous hobby colour. As can be seen from the photographs, I didn't quite get the circular swirls quite right on the nose.

wur1Bxg.jpg

L5xVnv7.jpg

z3MCksm.jpg

D5z6GRF.jpg

OzaKQl9.jpg

wzeY0Le.jpg

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 18