Goldfinger's Rolls Royce - type, dimensions or plans anywhere?

bootneck

I'm looking for info on the Rolls Royce that was used in the film Goldfinger.  I'd like to do a scratchbuild in either 1:144 scale.  Can anyone here please help with a source for plans and photo's etc?

cheers

Mike

2 hours ago, bootneck said:

I'm looking for info on the Rolls Royce that was used in the film Goldfinger.  I'd like to do a scratchbuild in either 1:144 or 1:72 scale.  Can anyone here please help with a source for plans and photo's etc?

cheers

Mike

Mike, if I may, why choose to scratch in such small scales? Hard to get even basic detail in 1/24...

11 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I found this - 1937 Rolls - Royce Phantom III Barker Sedanca de Ville

https://www.imcdb.org/i002640.jpg

Regards

Pete

Thanks Pete.  I know very little about vehicles but I do like to have them in the background of my dioramas.  At least I now know what the car is called and can look for more details.

8 hours ago, Codger said:

Mike, if I may, why choose to scratch in such small scales? Hard to get even basic detail in 1/24...

Hi Codger,

my main scale for building kits is 1:144 scale, however some my my finished models can look rather plane plain on their own and so I like to add a little to the surrounding.  Unfortunately, there aren't many civillian vehicles available 1:144 scale and therefore I usually have to resort to N scale (1:148 to 1:160); hence why I wish to scratchbuild this Rolls.

Here's an example of a 1:144 scale Short Belfast with a scratchbuilt Bloodhound missile and launcher.  The Landrovers are 1:148 scale Corgi's.

short_sc5-10_belfast_59a_completed_800.j

This is a 1:144 scale Short C class Empire flying boat utilizing American and Japanese 1:160 scale trucks as background activity.

empire_flying_boat_57a_on_diorama1_800.j

cheers.

Mike

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly!  That's where I took the inspiration from and it should make a nice little diorama.  

If I look close enough at that photo, I believe I can make out an AEC Matador refueller in the background; yet another item to add to a diorama.

Mike

• Like 3