Fairey Seafox (es)...Touch down & DONE

4 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Sorry Stuart, I feel partly responsible for making you do four more bays of rigging! (but ya didn't have to buy the second kit...)

Regards,

Adrian

I don't suppose anyone minds watching two kits being made. It would be rude of us not to encourage it.

Well Mannered of Mars 👽

• Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:04 PM, Courageous said:

Left is a Sabre, King Cobra and a Vega Gull

Uh-oh- Methinks Stuart has another Sabre build/conversion up his sleeve! 😜

Mike

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Uh-oh- Methinks Stuart has another Sabre build/conversion up his sleeve! 😜

Mike

The Vega Gull looks particularly interesting.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Uh-oh- Methinks Stuart has another Sabre build/conversion up his sleeve!

Their is always a Sabre up my sleeve but when the Sabre kit is only £7, you can't say no, can you?

45 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

The Vega Gull looks particularly interesting.

Just appeared in my hand, you know how it is...

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Courageous said:

Their is always a Sabre up my sleeve but when the Sabre kit is only £7, you can't say no, can you?

Just appeared in my hand, you know how it is...

Stuart

Indeed I do! The trouble is, having multiple tentacles, many kits can appear at the same time, to the distress of my bank manager.

Impecunious of Mars 👽 

• Haha 4

Starting off slowly with these.

20190307-205414-1.jpg

Started off with temporary fitment of crew but unfortunately, these guys are sitting to low in there allotted positions. After looking at contemporary photos...

20190307-210601-1.jpg

they should be about here, so...

20190307-214750-1.jpg

the seat securing points were hacked out.

20190307-215845-1.jpg

And a floor made for the craft. The future crews have already been bonded to their seats and stare in disbelief at what they are watching.

20190307-205602-1.jpg

The here is to remove the two horizontal moldings (exhausts), back he inside and scratch a new set (2 each side, 4 per machine...8 to make then). The smaller molded line at the top is meant to be a venturi, hopefully I'll scratch that and failing that (which is highly probable), I'll purchase a venturi set from Latvia. The vertical  rectangle is the cowling and it's aft edge needs opening up but it might be easier to remove it entirely and scratch replacements.

Slowly, slowly, to catch a monkey.

Stuart

• Like 10

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 22:55, Courageous said:

. The future crews have already been bonded to their seats and stare in disbelief at what they are watching.

I would be staring in disbelief if I had been bonded to my seat! :yikes:

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

It wouldn't be so bad if the seat was at your model bench :clap:

Stuart

Mrs Martian says it would have to double up as a commode. :toilet:

Martian 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Mrs Martian says it would have to double up as a commode. :toilet:

Martian 

Good grief, the carpet monster's bad enough!

Ian

• Haha 4

Playtime. I thought I'd have a crack at the engine intakes and engines as the kit options look a bit 'pants'.

20190310-170603-1.jpg

The original on the left and my effort on the right, so good so far.

20190310-175633-1.jpg

Taking some guidance from Harry Woodman's book, I scratched four of the eight cylinders required for the Foxes using the smallest gauge wire from lighting flex (0.2mm) and wrapped this around a 1mm plastic former, secured using CA and then cut to length. I'll use the same wire for the pushrods.

20190310-175916-1.jpg

And a quick pic of what they'll look like :yes:

That's if for today folks, need to rest the 'Mark 1's' :hypnotised: and have a beer or two :cheers:.

Stuart

• Like 22

2 hours ago, Massimo said:

I didn't know this aircraft, but the box looks promising!!! I love those old kits as they can be a good baase for a great model!!! I'll be watching!!!:like:

Welcome aboard Masimo. I know very little of this aircraft myself but it's a float plane... I was quite surprised with the kit, albeit pretty basic in detail with raised panel lines, the quality is quite good so, as you say, a good base.

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

great idea for the cylinders too

Not my idea, got it from Harry's book but it has worked well. As for the kit, at the moment they are like London buses.

Stuart

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 6:04 PM, Courageous said:

have been to the East of England Model Show at Peterborough today and it was my first time at this venue, great day. Besides starting on the Seafox (more of that later), I managed to come away with some goodies:

A few goodies there indeed Stuart. I notice a nice Fujimi F-86F there as well, cos I guess you haven't got enough already! 🤣 I must admit, if I'm ever at a show now and I see a Fujimi F-86 for a good price, I'd do the same.

Like the look of this build, and very approving of the intended finish of overall silver.

Terry

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Terry1954 said:

A few goodies there indeed Stuart. I notice a nice Fujimi F-86F there as well, cos I guess you haven't got enough already🤣 I must admit, if I'm ever at a show now and I see a Fujimi F-86 for a good price, I'd do the same.

Like the look of this build, and very approving of the intended finish of overall silver.

Their is a ceiling on the number of Sabres you can have, mainly down to decal options unless you can a lot yourself. Can't remember what the last count was, @Julien has way more than me, even after me buying a few off him.

Overall silver, yes but somebody up there ^^^ wanted a 702 Squadron machine, so that's why I'm doing two.

23 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

I think you might win an award for the highest magnification ever applied to a picture of a Matchbox part! Stirring stuff...

Cheers Adrian, I might have to break my own award.

Stuart

On 3/5/2019 at 11:01 PM, Martian Hale said:

Indeed I do! The trouble is, having multiple tentacles, many kits can appear at the same time, to the distress of my bank manager.

Impecunious of Mars 👽 

Would that be Mrs Impecunious of Mars by chance?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Courageous said:

Their is a ceiling on the number of Sabres you can have, mainly down to decal options unless you can a lot yourself. Can't remember what the last count was, @Julien has way more than me, even after me buying a few off him.

Overall silver, yes but somebody up there ^^^ wanted a 702 Squadron machine, so that's why I'm doing two.

Cheers Adrian, I might have to break my own award.

Stuart

I still have 83 even after selling a few. 😱

With decals for more than this!

Julien

• Like 2