S or Super S Class Submarine

AliGauld

Hi There,

I tried a quick search but nothing showed up for the following.

Has any company released or is planning to release a kit of an S Boat. My Dad served in the Sidon at the end of the war, was in Hong Kong three days before the official surrender and I would dearly love to build one as my own tribute to those who servred in her.

Cheers,

Alistair

Hi Alistair. Unfortunately, their is no kit for a British S boat but don't be disheartened. Last year, Starling Models released the T Class submarine and they informed me that depending on the sales of that release, they may do an S Class and if their T Class is anything to go by, it'll be very nice. @Mike McCabe, any hints??

Stuart

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Courageous said:

Hi Alistair. Unfortunately, their is no kit for a British S boat but don't be disheartened. Last year, Starling Models released the T Class submarine and they informed me that depending on the sales of that release, they may do an S Class and if their T Class is anything to go by, it'll be very nice. @Mike McCabe, any hints??

Stuart

Many Thanks for the info.

I'll keep an interested eye towards Starling.

Cheers,

Alistair

On 3/2/2019 at 5:56 PM, Courageous said:

Stuart

Sales of the T class have been a little disappointing so far, which unless it picks up, makes the chances of seeing any more submarine kits from Starling Models pretty remote.

Mike

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Mike McCabe said:

Sales of the T class have been a little disappointing so far, which unless it picks up, makes the chances of seeing any more submarine kits from Starling Models pretty remote.

Mike

Hi There,

Thanks for responding.

I got my T class from you on Sunday and am extremely impressed with the quality.

Many thanks,

Alistair

• 3 months later...

An update to this thread, since last posting the Tabard kit has actually sold pretty well and given that and the availability of a good set of plans of and S-class from a friend, then a second RN submarine kit in 1/350 is looking a strong possibility for 2020.

Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Mike McCabe said:

An update to this thread, since last posting the Tabard kit has actually sold pretty well and given that and the availability of a good set of plans of and S-class from a friend, then a second RN submarine kit in 1/350 is looking a strong possibility for 2020.

Mike

Hi There,

That is fantastic news.

I will be keeping an eye out for news.

Cheers,

Alistair

On 6/26/2019 at 7:56 AM, Courageous said:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

...and don't stop there Mike, their are big holes everywhere.

Stuart

Of course, but I can only continue if people buy enough of them.

Mike

• Like 1

• 3 years later...