***Finnished***Airfix Hawk

PhantomBigStu

Watched the bbc Hornby doc on my lunch break and realised I have no airfix stuff on the go, so had to correct that, though looks like I’ll have to give the red white and blue scheme a miss given I’ve primed it with the grey stuff not white 

46588403574_af038bd32d_b.jpg

• Like 2

Watched the bbc Hornby doc on my lunch break and realised I have no airfix stuff on the go, so had to correct that, though looks like I’ll have to give the red white and blue scheme a miss given I’ve primed it with the grey stuff not white 

46588403574_af038bd32d_b.jpg

• Like 1

And whilst the primed sprues cure, he's the trainers I've done before, camoed one is the newer airfix tool done just under 2 years ago, the black one another of the same tooling done around a year ago and the grey one from late summer 2017 is the italeri tooling. Scheme wise this will either be another grey to replace the italeri, the black/camoed bomber command special, the camoed fighter command special, the finnish option from the italeri kit or I will try the 3 tone training scheme that may end in tears 

46397799465_8074f72fe0_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Col. said:

Personally I think the Finnish scheme would look good in amongst your Hawk collection.

So do I now, thats decided :) Here my crudely painted interior, don't think I shook the hum27 enough so a little dark, seat cushion colour will go on later 

46603639624_ca75098ef7_b.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

...don't think I shook the hum27 enough so a little dark...

You must be modelling this one as seen during a dull day or later in the evening ;) 

• Like 1

A quick look at the instructions of the old Hawk kit shows Hu166 for the underside grey then Hu226 and 163 for the upper greens.

• Thanks 1

Cheers col,  I shall try 163 in due course, progress will have to wait, my pot of 226 is at the end of its life (each coat comes out a slightly different colour as the pigments dry unevenly, the other side is much greener) so have to wait till Friday for a replacement.

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Decals are on, got a problem though, had to take the canopy off and my Hum163 is no longer coming out that nice dark shade on the main camo but now a lighter shade close to the olive green, so the nose and the tanks don't match, I have to see if I can find a substitute at least for the nose edit: have repainted the nose bronze green, not quite the same as its a hint more green but at least looks superficially the same in the 2nd photo 

33589619828_589b097bee_b.jpg

46743178714_374dd548ed_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2