READY! Canberra T.17 1/48 Classic Airframes

Hi comrades!

Just sorted out the issue with too narrow exhaust pipes. Simple adaptors from styrene, and now it looks much better.

058.jpg

059.jpg

• Like 3

• cema_ga changed the title to Canberra T.17 1/48 Classic Airframes - wings assembled and rescribed, interior almost finished 23/03/2019

Hi comrades!

Some modifications and little bit scratch-build in the chassis.

I altered the nose leg to make it in slightly turned angle - just for fun.

065.jpg

And some additions (rivets and locks) to boring kit wheel doors.

064.jpg

063.jpg

The aftermarket ResKit wheels are beautiful, I added some "weighted appearance". 

062.jpg

061.jpg

• Like 5

Hi comrades!

Finally the third seat arrived. It's different from the kit's seats (expectable), but it's probably the last pictures to see the difference - after fuselage enclosed, nothing will be noticed through the small aft windows.

So, everything painted, measured and the backseats assembled - here is the cabriolet:

073.jpg

072.jpg

And finally, all the interior glue in place! Ready to assemble the fuselage 🤨

079.jpg

081.jpg

By the way, @canberra kid, may I ask small question? I plane to paint chassis legs in white, except of forward leg mudguards - they will be in the light grey belly color. It's true?

Thanks in advance and thanks for looking!

• Like 12

• cema_ga changed the title to Canberra T.17 1/48 Classic Airframes - interior finished 27/03/2019

Just checked back in and I'm well impressed with your progress and especially the standard of your modelling. That cockpit work is about as good as it gets. Very inspiring stuff. 

• Thanks 1

Looking good! As for the nose wheel, the mudguards are gloss white, the wheel hubs Aluminium, and the leg is medium grey. The area in the photo below that is painted black is the part that should be medium grey on the T.17, I hope that's clear?

bokz9X.jpg

John 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

I hope that's clear?

Great! Thank You! You saved me again from major mistake!

But what medium grey? FS35237 or FS36270? Other?

• Like 1

Hi comrades!

Slow progress:

1. The model was balanced - last chance to add weight before closing the fuselage

094.jpg

2. Fuselage assembled, sanded, rescribed. I check, what will be seen trough the canopy. Now, I can use my beloved building bench ;))

089.jpg
090.jpg
091.jpg
092.jpg

3. I started to add some detailing and scratchbuild some parts (wing "fence" of antennas, tail light) and some riveting in the nose radomes (hardly seen on the photos, sorry)

095.jpg

097.jpg

099.jpg

That's all up to date

Thanks for looking

• Like 8

• cema_ga changed the title to Canberra T.17 1/48 Classic Airframes - fuselage assembled 29/03/2019

Hi comrades!

All small intakes/vents installed, preparations for small antennas installation made (holes drilled), main assembly completed.

Surprisingly, not much filler expected in the wing to fuselage joints!

Next I'll proceed to canopy polish & masking, joint filling, pilot's ejection seat & canopy installation. 

102.jpg
103.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• cema_ga changed the title to Canberra T.17 1/48 Classic Airframes - main assembly completed 31/03/2019

Hi comrades!

Progress so far - I made hermetic inside the canopy and now I'm ready to mask outside of the canopy and install it.

1 I made mask from AIZU masking tape according to reference pictures and filled the frame with liquid mask

108.jpg

106.jpg

105.jpg

2. painted with Mr.Color C45

109.jpg

113.jpg

3. Installed the pilot's ejection seat

118.jpg

117.jpg

115.jpg

4 ...and checked the overall appearance

119.jpg

120.jpg

121.jpg

121.jpg122.jpg

121.jpg 

Main canopy part was broken in the forward part, I will sort this later with Micro Kristal Klear 

Next step - is outside masking and gluing the canopy on place.

My next question: I can't find the Doppler aerial under the port wing (mentioned by @canberra kid ) , but I found additional antennas under the both wings of my prototype. Is it possible to see better resolution pictures of the doppler antenna and  those two big antennas under the wings? So I can try to reproduce them on my model.

Inked01-LI.jpg

Inked02-LI.jpg

Thanks for looking

Edited by cema_ga
  • Like 5

• cema_ga changed the title to Canberra T.17 1/48 Classic Airframes - work on canopy 05/04/2019

@cema_ga  That is all looking really nice! If you take a look on my site at the T.17 album you will find photos of the two blade aerals. T.17 album The doppler is a flat panel just behind the post wheel well.

brItm5.jpg 

if it's not too late can you fix the canopy? You have painted the V.H.F canopy aerial on the outside of the canopy in hemp, unfortunately this is actually on the inside of the canopy and is a silver grey colour.  

brIMqP.jpg

John 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, canberra kid said:

You have painted the V.H.F canopy aerial on the outside of the canopy in hemp, unfortunately this is actually on the inside of the canopy and is a silver grey colour. 

Hi!

Thank You so much for the input!

I will try to reproduce something "look alike" underwing antennas. Also, the flat Doppler antenna - do You recommend just to paint it brown or use the thin styrene to reproduce some volume?

I'm shocked about placing two VHF aerials inside the canopy (pilot's health...). Anyway, all stuff seen on previous update painted from inside the canopy. At least, here I was true. About the color - I approximated  it from pictures. It was an error. 
I'm afraid that my mental health will not survive the remaking and repainting of all the inside of a canopy, so I choose now to escape repainting and continue. 😢

Generally, I try to ask only very necessary question and do things according to my understanding and references. The reason is just not to tire you to much, hope I'm not exaggerate with my info requests 😉

Shimon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, comrades!

Model primed with MrSurfacer 500 and in the fine tuning/sanding stage. Wheels painted and weathered (minus mudguards on forward wheels)

Not much to show because I'm ill in last two weeks 😢

124.jpg
125.jpg
126.jpg

• Like 4

• cema_ga changed the title to Canberra T.17 1/48 Classic Airframes - priming, sanding, priming again 15/04/2019
  • cema_ga changed the title to Canberra T.17 1/48 Classic Airframes - Lady in black, ready for painting 07/05/2019

Comrades, I'm back!!!

After some illness, family trip to Portugal and short period of demotivation I'm back in business

Primer 500->sanding->filling and again...

128.jpg

And finally - fine primer 1500

129.jpg

132.jpg

Ready to put some paint on her!

Edited by cema_ga
  • Like 8

On 4/5/2019 at 10:14 PM, canberra kid said:

The doppler is a flat panel just behind the post wheel well.

Hi!

Is the doppler antenna only under port or both wings?

It's painting time!