Airfix 1.24 typhoon instrument panel

Simon Dunsmore

Hi Folks, 

I'm presently in the midst of building the Airfix 1.24 Typhoon. I have both parts of the instrument panel painted, the rear part glossed and ready to receive the decals (airscale). 

My question is, do I assemble both parts and then place the decals through the holes or place the decals on the rear section and then assemble? 

I plan to finish the dials with Kristal Klear. 

Sorry if this is a silly question. Thanks for your help 

Simon

Edited by Simon Dunsmore
Spelling mistake

Yep, you need to do them in white before the colour. Doesn't have to be paint either. I normally use my Berol Karismacolor pencils. I believe they are OOP now but other equivalents are surely available. Check your local art supply place.

is there a white Sharpie? I only have colours and black. In my experience with Sharpies, overcoating will drag the lower coat off because it is solvent based. That is not the case with artists' pastels and colour pencils. 

If you have a flat white water-based acrylic then I would use that, dry-brush if wet-brushing is not suitable for the small area, and then when it's had time to dry properly you could probably use a red or yellow Sharpie over that.  Experiment with something like the part numbers on a bit of old sprue until you are happy.