1/48 USMC Rescue

Wafu

This is me a calling this done. After putting on the decals and adding the U/C, lights and the rotor fold, it's time for me to call it finished.

The positive's where:-

The kit is very easy to build, goes together extremely well with little to no fuss, the cockpit glazing is easy to deal with and I'd use a Eduard mask set again, cos I'm lazy and its probably the best fitting set I've used in a long while.

Scale Warship rotor fold adds a whole new dimension to the kit, it gives a quirky look and saves space once its finished, essential for a rotorcraft modeller like me.

Lastly, returning to the kit, the decals sheet is massive, intact its two sheets of detail stencils and colourful markings, well done Academy for that.

The only 'negative' to the whole kit are the intakes, these are two cones shaped blob's of plastic. This pushed me into applying putty and painting red to show intake covers, I also applied filler to the exhausts to show this as well. a couple of Eduard 'Remove Before Flight' flags finished it off.

I'll put more photos in the finished section but here's one of the finished article.

IMG_3253

• Like 8

That really does look excellent Wafu, really nice.

It's very quick work for a 1/48 helicopter of this size, and I agree that the folding rotors are great for space saving, did they go together okay?

I like the intake and exhaust covers, a very nice and realistic touch, did you scratch build them or are they from an aftermarket set?

I really do like this scheme and you have done an excellent job on it, very well done.

The intake is just putty roughly moulded over the plastic part, then paint with Tamiya Matt Red. The exhaust is filled with putty, left to dry then again painted red. 

The Scale Warship rotors are easy if you stick to the instructions.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...