Tamiya M551 Sheridan(Vietnam War).

ancientmariner

Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct forum for the Vietnam War era. I have the above kit to build, the Olive Drab colour is given as Tamiya XF-62(cannot find an FS number for this). Is this the correct Olive drab? I have some Vallejo U.S.Olive Drab, 71.043 FS34087. i have built three WW2 Shermans, and used the Vallejo Olive Drab. Think the XF-62 is a little more green than the Vallejo 71.043. Thanks

Martin

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 01/03/2019 at 13:34, ancientmariner said:

Is this the correct Olive drab?

Hello Martin! I want to build this kit someday, so it could be an interesting question...

According to information from here: Federal Standard FS.595a/595B to model paints, XF-62 is close to FS34086 and FS34087. I can suggest, that the model kits manufacturers use the same information sheets to provide the painting instructions. Hope it helps.

Sorry for the late answer.

3 hours ago, ancientmariner said:

Hi,

I used Tamiya XF-62 for the Sheridan. I have just completed a Tamiya M107 Self-propelled gun, but I used Vallejo Us Olive Drab 043, which I think is closer than Xf-62.

Wise decision - I think you’re can’t go wrong with an XF-62. But I never used a Vallejo paint.