Airfix Hawker Hart Restoration

Hello,

This is the old Airfix Hawker Hart, obtained from a deceased estate some years ago, paint stripped and repainted in the markings of the original kit but using ModelDecal and Ventura decals to replace the old kit markings lost in the paint stripping process: I added two crew figures, machine gun and scarf ring parts of.. and windscreen...

The second Airfix Hart illustration

BxmefNN.jpg

Ventura decals (of New Zealand) for the aircraft codes:

f9wA5ly.jpg

The ModelDecal set for the underwing codes:

hcbAGhg.jpg

lKN6b5A.jpg

L1BLQkw.jpg

xBSxHX0.jpg

VbGT9j4.jpg

Edited by Slywolff
Corrections
  • Like 26

That looks like a great restoration.  Could we see some more pics of the cowling?  The polished metal affect looks great. 

I've never seen that artwork before and hadn't been aware that Airfix had ever produced a Hart.  Is it the same kit as their Demon which they are re-issuing soon? 

Nice work, I always wanted a Hart but it was never in a shop when I could buy it. There was one hung up in the window of a shop in another town we only visited on Sundays which was very frustrating. I did have the Demon. I only remember the original 50s artwork.

10 hours ago, Slywolff said:

This is the old Airfix Hawker Hart,

and very nice it is too! Well done sir.

1 hour ago, Silver Fox said:

I always wanted a Hart

I always wanted a brain - maybe we can find a cowardly lion and a homicidal girl and do a road trip together?

:D

(In jest. I have no use for a brain.)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Meatbox8 said:

I've never seen that artwork before and hadn't been aware that Airfix had ever produced a Hart.  Is it the same kit as their Demon which they are re-issuing soon? 

Airfix oriinally offered the Hawker Hart in their Series 1 range then in the late 60s the tooling was modified into a Hawker Demon.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Nigel Bunker said:

Airfix oriinally offered the Hawker Hart in their Series 1 range then in the late 60s the tooling was modified into a Hawker Demon.

Thanks.  Was wondering about that as the gunners position is different on the Demon.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:41 PM, Meatbox8 said:

That looks like a great restoration.  Could we see some more pics of the cowling?  The polished metal affect looks great. 

Thanks Meatbox8, The Hart kit was modified to produce the Airfix Demon, the Hart has a fare few accuracy issues, so this was more a sentimental project. I used Bare Metal Foil, dead easy to use!!!

zQd3W3v.jpg

tdJRsbo.jpg

XyogLgO.jpg

KyTLZk7.jpg

• Like 1