1/48 - Lockheed P2V Neptune multimedia kit by Resin2detail - 3D renders

Homebee

Resin2detail is working on a 1/48th Lockheed P2V Neptune multimedia kit - ref.

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=999011493622936&id=532753560248734

Although I haven't been on FB often over the past couple of months, I have been keeping plenty busy! Thought it was time to fill everyone in on some exciting plans for 2019 and a fundamental shift in the cadence and nature of upcoming projects.

While I will continue to offer existing high-quality RESIN2detail upgrades and conversions, expect to see mostly multi-media kit releases as it relates to new RESIN2detail products in 2019.

On that note, I wanted to share a screenshot of a project that I have been laying the groundwork for and am excited about.

1/48 P-2V Neptune Multimedia Kit (Vacuform, 3D Printed Resin, PE, Decals and most likely vinyl masks as well).

SP-2H/P2V-7 May/June 2019
AP-2H/RB-69/OP-2E Summer 2019
P-2J (Kawasaki) Summer 2019
P2V-5 w/Emerson Nose Turret (possible release)

High-quality vacuform fuselage/wing/nacelle/canopy pieces (think Koster Aero quality); finely 3D printed grey resin detail parts (again, think of KAE from an overall detail perspective); photo-etched detail parts; professionally screen-printed decals (2-3 different marking options per kit); vinyl canopy, wheel and insignia/BuNo masks

$174.99 price per kit (just an estimate at this point). Will be available on RESIN2detail.com

Leveraging the maturing 3D printing technology and combining it with tried and true vacuforming technology made the most sense from a time and resources standpoint. Resin on its own, while very good at capturing fine detail, is an extraordinarily time consuming, inefficient and expensive way to duplicate parts (especially for one-man shops like mine) -- I am confident that my customers will appreciate the greater array of products this will allow me to produce, in a shorter period of time, and the balance/compromise between overall quality, detail and price.

[Side note: Will most likely take the same route with the 1/32 B-26 kit (from a vacuform perspective; with add-on detail parts printed on demand for additional cost)]

Happy to take comments and suggestions!

Please stay tuned for more ....

Brian

53203681.jpg

53092853.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 6/25/2019 at 3:52 AM, 28ZComeback said:

Very excited about a resin 1/48 Neptune. 

Are you sure it's a resin kit?

High-quality vacuform fuselage/wing/nacelle/canopy pieces (think Koster Aero quality)

On 2/28/2019 at 8:59 PM, Homebee said:

High-quality vacuform fuselage/wing/nacelle/canopy pieces (think Koster Aero quality); finely 3D printed grey resin detail parts (again, think of KAE from an overall detail perspective);

I'll be happy with Resin2Detail standards. The B-17 stuff is superb.

I've always had a soft spot for this aircraft maybe...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...