This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Bryan71

Super Glue

Super glue gel I find much better than the liquid. Even the cheaper brands seem to work well.

Whatever you get , store it in a sealed container with a few packets of dessicant absorbents. I use the ones that come in the sushi seaweed I buy.

I've found this keeps the glue super fresh and it lasts longer.

I find GS-Hypo much better than superglue.  It gives you time to reposition things when needed, and allows a little bit of flexing with the PE pinging off somewhere

I use a medium CA for edge bonds and small surfaces, e.g., building all the PE parts as well as attaching the brass barrel to these 1/48 Brownings

lcm-50cal6.jpg

Future is good for PE attached to a canopy or other clear part.

I don't use CA for larger surface joints, like a PE plate that will lay atop plastic or resin. PE metal and the other model material have different thermal expansion properties that can stress a surface bond. CA bonds have a lower shear strength, which can cause a bond to fail in this situation. In these situations, I prefer a flexible glue, like Gator's Grip Hobby Glue, Formula 560 Canopy Glue, Microscale Industries Micro Kristal Klear, or PVA glues. Their flexibility enables the bond to survive bending and thermally driven flexure. These glues also dry clear and can fill gaps.