Welshmodels 1/72: BAC 1-11 (200 & 500), Viscount (700 & 800), HP Herald and HS 748

The Tomohawk Kid

8 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

C.1 potentially lots of work : Awhole new rear end of the fuselage to incorporate the cargo doors, different window config, move the engine nacelles further outboard different main gear, among other things.

CC2 finish to your desired RAF scheme.

Tommo.

+ different engines and larger props.

• 8 months later...

Is there any news on the Viscount releases, I have had a look at the site but could not find any info. Did find the Andover C2 though and BAC 1-11.

Is there any news on the Viscount releases, I have had a look at the site but could not find any info. Did find the Andover C2 though and BAC 1-11.

• Haha 1

• Haha 1

Just thought, maybe, you were very excited about it!!! A few years ago Authentic Airliners had a 1/72 BAC 1-11 kit in full resin. Looked superb but came with a superb price tag too. My understanding is it didn't sell that well and is now out of production. I also promised myself I'd get one, but space is becoming very limited and so I tend to stick to smaller models now.

Jeff

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Like 1

Denzil at Welshmodels had some personal issues in the summer and as consquence their release schedule slowed down. But it looks like he is back up and running as they have released a number of 1/144 kits in the past few weeks and Welshmodels website was updated yesteday.

Yes the AA BAC 1-11 was expensive however, I suspect the Welsh kit will be a somewhat cheaper - if one looks at the existing catalogue of 1/72  Welsh kits they generally fall into the £75 to £120 range I would expect a future BAC 1-11 to fit snugly into that price bracket.

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1