Fantastic Plastic: Bartini A-57 Bomber

The Tomohawk Kid

11 hours ago, general melchett said:

Great stuff, straight out of Thunderbirds...but pricey at £140+shipping, Would look great next to Anigrands equally wallet-busting KM though...

So your first impression was "Fireflash" ?

My first impression was "  Firefox has really let herself go "   :)

• Haha 1

So your first impression was "Fireflash" ?

Actually, it reminded me a little of the Skythrust airliner from the 'Alias Mr.Hackenbacker' episode. even includes 'parasite' aircraft!  (screenshot, so apols for quality)

4-Haunebu004-001.jpg

You can certainly see where the effects team got some of their ideas at the time, plenty of wonderfully bizarre UK/French/US projects along the same vein...

Have a few Fantastic plastic kits in my collection..., and I sure hope you get a descent model with regards to quality for that price.... When looking at the site and the preview, it all looks fine, until you open the box... then it's a complete different matter...

27 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

Have a few Fantastic plastic kits in my collection..., and I sure hope you get a descent model with regards to quality for that price.... When looking at the site and the preview, it all looks fine, until you open the box... then it's a complete different matter...

I have bought a couple of Fantastic Plastic Kits including the 2001 Space Station V kit, I have no compliants about the quality whatsoever.

Tommo.

Several of their models are cast by Arnold at Anigrand, I've built a lot of AG kits and know the quality control can be a little suspect at times. I've also been sent several FP kits and for the most part, they seem OK but some suffer from quite bad warpage, especially the M.O.L I built for AMW last year, easily sorted for those with a bit of short-run resin experience. Hopefully, a Supermarine 559 is winging it's way here...this is another Anigrand casting, so fingers crossed!

9 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Several of their models are cast by Arnold at Anigrand, I've built a lot of AG kits and know the quality control can be a little suspect at times. I've also been sent several FP kits and for the most part, they seem OK but some suffer from quite bad warpage, especially the M.O.L I built for AMW last year, easily sorted for those with a bit of short-run resin experience. Hopefully, a Supermarine 559 is winging it's way here...this is another Anigrand casting, so fingers crossed!

Agreed.

In addition to Space Station V, I have Spectre 'Bird One' and the Avro 730 other than a little knowledge of working with resin they go to well and have a good level of detail - I would rate them at better end of garage kits.

Scott Lowther masters a good number of their kits which is good sign of quality too.

Tommo.