British Airways Negus & Negus 737-200X - 1/200 Hasegawa Love Liner200

An all-time original from Hasegawa's original Love Liner 200 1/200 Civil Aircraft range back from 1980 - the British Airways 737 200 (Super). The kit first hit the shelves in 1980 ahead of BA putting their fleet into the skies in the December of 1981. This is the registration of the carriers very first delivery from Boeing's 737 production line.

Perhaps not built so well as some of my previous 1/200 civil builds, but intended to compliment the Negus & Negus L1011 I recently knocked out from the same range and scale,

The decals were not as forgiving with their age as hoped for, loosing the starboard sides 737X decal and the main tail top decal had to be airbrushed.

A nifty little tiddler from the days when I could travel on the centre jump seat of these looking forward over my dad's right shoulder before he went long haul for the airline.

DSCF8540

DSCF8557

DSCF8544

DSCF8545

DSCF8546

DSCF8549

DSCF8554

DSCF8555

• Like 13

Hi John,

It's cute in 1/144 but even cuter in 1/200! Nice job considering the size, could you spray some Negus blue into clear decal and sharpen up your edge?

Are those the kit door decals? They look quite detailed for1/200.

Cheers,

Ian

18 hours ago, Turbofan said:

Hi John,

It's cute in 1/144 but even cuter in 1/200! Nice job considering the size, could you spray some Negus blue into clear decal and sharpen up your edge?

Are those the kit door decals? They look quite detailed for1/200.

Cheers,

Ian

That's a good idea and I shall try it - that edge line has been bothering me. The Kits decal doors were unusable so I used some skyline decals - they don't fit the door outlines though (I really must learn to fill the door recess in as no 3rd party decals ever fit the door and cargo hatch outlines) I got the hinges muddled up on the rear door in the process :wall: