Avalon International Airshow Australia

pacificmustang

Myself and my camera wandered down to the Avalon Airshow here in Victoria yesterday.  Its a biannual airshow, and I usually try to attend on one of the trade days

Shooting conditions are notoriously bad, with the  harsh sun in your face, heat haze and lots of gunk in the air.  Anyway, managed to capture these images.  I'll hopefully have a few more to add after Thursday.  I have also added a link to my full album

Cheers

Bruce

seahawk profilelightning bombayhornet releasing flares

and a link to the album here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131700029@N03/albums/72157678971013968

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Nice shots Bruce, I am now kicking myself that I did not make the effort to get down there this year. There are some nice visitors to see plus all the new ADF hardware

Isn't that always the way🙄

2021 will be the one to go to Ray, as you know, it will be the RAAF centenary.  Hoping they have a few ADF airshows lined up at RAAF bases too

Edited by pacificmustang

2 minutes ago, pacificmustang said:

Isn't that always the way🙄

2021 will be the one to go to Ray, as you know, it will be the RAAF centenary.  Hoping they have a few ADF airshows lined up at RAAF bases too

Speaking of ADF airshows, did you know that there will be one at Edinburgh in November this year?

12 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

33340115918_365e9d994e_b.jpg&key=33155f8

I think I'll model my A-35 with the bays closed come the day, those look way to complicated to my eye, super photos though, thanks. You've managed to sow the idea of a RAAF centennial airshow into my mind now, I made it to Richmond for the Bicenntenial one, this one is an attractive idea.

Steve.

• Like 1

Fantastic shots Bruce. I was there yesterday - good show, but a few things missing (where was HARS???) but pretty hot! They were making a bit of noise about 2021 and the centenary in the commentary so it sounded like they might be planning something big. 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:26 PM, stevehnz said:

I think I'll model my A-35 with the bays closed come the day, those look way to complicated to my eye, super photos though, thanks. You've managed to sow the idea of a RAAF centennial airshow into my mind now, I made it to Richmond for the Bicenntenial one, this one is an attractive idea.

Steve.

Looks to have a rash on the underside with the Calamine Lotion spots on it.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, zebra said:

Fantastic shots Bruce. I was there yesterday - good show, but a few things missing (where was HARS???) but pretty hot! They were making a bit of noise about 2021 and the centenary in the commentary so it sounded like they might be planning something big. 

Perhaps ask them? Apparently, private operators need to fund their own way when participating at Avalon, perhaps the costs were too high for them with a lot of recent acquisitions including the aircraft from the RAN Historic flight.

Did not know that Ray, but come to think of it, there  was an Avalon where Temora did not attend because there was some dispute about who was paying for fuel.

Steve, I heard whispers that RAAF Amberley may host a show.  This would be the one to head for as the shooting conditions at Avalon are atrocious

Cheers

Bruce

• Thanks 1

Didn’t know that either Ray. A shame they weren’t there but understandable if that’s why. Maybe I’ll see if I can make it to Wings Over Illawarra - probably not this year though.

Ive added a few more to the album.https://www.flickr.com/photos/131700029@N03/albums/72157678971013968/with/32380678107/

You can see how bad that heat haze was in a few of them.  Do airshows in the UK have those annoying speakers at the front of the crowd line?  Why they cannot be placed further back, I have no idea

global hawk landingraptor nose-2raptor climb

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Re those speakers we do get them in the UK but not as many or as close as those in the photo.   Must be very annoying with the music and or commentators blaring through those let alone the jet noise.