Estonian 2019 Independence Day Parade

Tiger331

Hi Folks,

Military vehicles are not really my scene but thought you may be interested in a few images taken during yesterday's Estonian Independence Day parade here in Tallinn.

First up, Piranha IIIC belonging to the newly arrived Belgian Army Contingent supporting the UK-Led NATO Enhanced Forward Presence Battlegroup.

fullsizeoutput_10ee

The Belgians have brought at least two different variants by the look of things....

fullsizeoutput_10ef

fullsizeoutput_10ed

British Challenger II - The vehicles have been stripped of much of the heavy add-on armour used in the Gulf....I suspect to better cope with moving in and out of heavily forested areas with quite a lot of marshy and soft ground.....not conducive to really heavy armour.

fullsizeoutput_10f0

Same goes for the Warriors......They did not look like this in Iraq...

fullsizeoutput_10f2

Finally, for now, some 'Hairy' Mercedes Benz 250s belonging to the elite Scouts Battalion of the Estonian Armed Forces. The camouflage is made from standard nets and shredded Estonian pattern DPM uniform material....a great way to recycle old uniforms !. Would make a nice modelling project.

fullsizeoutput_10f7

fullsizeoutput_10f3

fullsizeoutput_10f4

I have some 'walkarounds' of the 'Hairies' if anyone is interested. One of the three was sporting a ATGW on the roll bar in the static display.

Cheers

Mark 

• Like 5