Marham Tornados & F35 Lightnings

Latinbear

In the hope of seeing some practise flying ahead of Thursday's nine ship formation and given the glorious weather I spent part of the day at Marham.

I wasn't alone in this idea and I counted 130 cars lined up against the fence as the farmer has very generously allowed people to park in his field. My understanding is that this arrangement will be in place for Thursday too and the charge will be a very modest £2.

Flying was restricted to a pair of Tucanos taking off, four Tornados just after mid-day with one more 20 minutes later, and a couple of sorties by a pair of Lightnings. Apparently two more pairs were due after I left at around 2.50pm but as they will still be in service when I turn up my toes then I'll have plenty of opportunities for photos over the next few years. None of the Tornado specials were out while I was there and while the weather was lovely the heat haze didn't help the airborne shots. 

AAA_4389 (2) - Copy

AAA_4410 1 - Copy

AAA_4427 1 - Copy

AAA_4435 (2)

AAA_4968 (2)

AAA_4468 (2)

AAA_4472 (2)

AAA_4479 (2)

AAA_4485 (2)

AAA_4504 (2)

AAA_4534 (2)

AAA_4548 1

AAA_4641 (2)

AAA_4658 (2)

AAA_4737 (2)

AAA_4754 1

AAA_4771 (2)

AAA_4789 (2)

AAA_4866 (2)

AAA_4880 (2)

AAA_4944 (2)

AAA_4973 (2)

That's it, thanks for looking. 

• Like 10

Lovely photos of the Tornados and others. 

I know it’s just my age but when I saw the post header I immediately thought “WHAT?!!!” and got all a fluster. 

I then looked at all the pictures and went “Oh those things:( - not real Lightning’s then”

still good photos though :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, JohnT said:

Lovely photos of the Tornados and others. 

I know it’s just my age but when I saw the post header I immediately thought “WHAT?!!!” and got all a fluster. 

I then looked at all the pictures and went “Oh those things:( - not real Lightning’s then”

still good photos though :D

🤣 Yes, I know what you mean about Lightnings. I've adjusted the heading so that palpitations followed by disappointment aren't induced again.

Thanks for the nice words. At the risk of sounding like a heretic the F35's appeal is growing on me although there are times when I think that is has an appearance that only a mother could love. 

14 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Great set from a momentous week. 

Thank you! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Latinbear said:

At the risk of sounding like a heretic the F35's appeal is growing on me although there are times when I think that is has an appearance that only a mother could love. 

Actually I think the F-235 isn't that bad so I'm with you there.  I can think of a lot worse and those would be "loved" aircraft by many :D