F15 E LN 2003

Tonka84

Looks really great. Can't tell that it was dropped and repaired. Excellent on the shading. Most impressed with the paint.

Ron VanDerwarker

On 03/03/2019 at 23:01, f111guru said:

Looks really great. Can't tell that it was dropped and repaired. Excellent on the shading. Most impressed with the paint.

Ron VanDerwarker

Hi, 

Thanks, really chuffed with how it all came out. A bit slow on progress now, stencil data going on and desperately trying to find a replacement canopy but to no avail as I just know it's going to ruin the overall look 😣

Quick question as things are slow going at mo and life gets in the way, hope someone can help?! I've seen a lot of photos of eagles in theatre on ops with heavy wear areas with primer poking through the grey. Anyone know a colour match for this or mix to achieve? 

IMG_0076IMG_0050

These pictures were taken different years and backgrounds. One was complete sunshine and the other was overcast. Camera settings were the same with different results in color. My thought would be to do your best on color shading.

All the best

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1

19 hours ago, f111guru said:

IMG_0076IMG_0050

These pictures were taken different years and backgrounds. One was complete sunshine and the other was overcast. Camera settings were the same with different results in color. My thought would be to do your best on color shading.

All the best

Ron VanDerwarker

32111686357_6509f32259_z.jpgIMG_3124jpegedit by Rob Jones, on Flickr

beautiful shots. Im lucky enough to live close to the Welsh border so a short drive to see them low level. 

• Like 1

Finished 👍 hope to get some proper pics up soon of completed build! 

Gotta Say, I loved this revell kit. Apart from dropping it on its wing early on, the only trouble I have had has been the pesky clear parts which I feel lets this kit down due to so much flash on mine and the split canopy in the box. Not sure if all kits are same but I feel this one slipped the quality control on that front. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi Tonka,

Your F-15E looks great. What shade of grey did you use for the airframe. Just about to start the Tamiya 1/32 F-15E for a mate and can't decide whether the gunship grey looks too dark for a 2018 machine.

Cheers,

Neil