Eduard 1/48 Bf109E-1 2/JG77

This one had been sitting in a box partially built waiting for the paint for quite some time so I have managed to spend a little time on it. Built straight out of the box and painted with Mr Paint colours. The Eduard decals were very reluctant to settle down even with Microsol and Microset so I did get some silvering in places on the stencils. I did manage to fix some of them by going over the carrier film with the brush from a Tamiya Extra Thin Cement jar (which was only just damp).

Only a panel line wash and a little dust pigments used as I think this aircraft would have been fairly new in the summer of 1939.

IMG_5265-L.jpg

IMG_5269-L.jpg

IMG_5271-L.jpg

IMG_5277-L.jpg

IMG_5280-L.jpg

Rather annoyingly there is something stuck to the inside of the canopy. It wasn't there when I masked the clear parts up as I had polished the insides beforehand so who knows where it came from!! Maybe it'll fall off in it's own time?

IMG_5278-L.jpg

Duncan B

• Like 32

Nice work there Duncan B) 

The foreign object; is it a little piece of photo-etch, or maybe a flake of paint? If it's just held on by static (and it might be, as you polished the canopy) it might just drop off of its own accord. It's not really noticeable anyway, except for the photo where you specifically pointed it out.

Cheers,

Stew

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Stew Dapple said:

Nice work there Duncan B) 

The foreign object; is it a little piece of photo-etch, or maybe a flake of paint? If it's just held on by static (and it might be, as you polished the canopy) it might just drop off of its own accord. It's not really noticeable anyway, except for the photo where you specifically pointed it out.

Cheers,

Stew

I’m not sure what it is but am hoping it’s static that’s holding it there. I did try ‘charging’ a glass rod and tried to move it but it had no affect. I briefly considered drilling a small hole, where the aerial mast is now, to possibly blow it away but decided the risk of adding drill cuttings was worse.

DB 

Nice build - I like the scheme you went with - a bit different to the usual.  This kit is on my wish list and might get bumped up looking at this.  If you glued the canopy with PVA or something similar, you should be safe enough popping it off to clear that thing - obviously if you used cement, that's not really an option...  

Great work :)

• Thanks 1