Gannet AEW

Very nice indeed.  A great looking model of an aircraft which I actually think is rather good looking.  It was certainly clever of Fairey to get two engines and an AEW radar in to an aircraft which could actually fit on a Royal Navy carrier.

I have this kit in the stash and I noticed that the fuselage strengthening ribs are rather (too) pronounced.  On your build they look nice and subtle.  Did you sand them down at all?

On 2/26/2019 at 10:40 AM, Tunguska said:

The radars themselves have quite a history - Avenger/Skyraider/Gannet or something!

AN/APS -20 - I think these radars originally flew on converted B-17s rushed/developed at end of WWII to counter Japanese air attacks - I'm sure someone will correct me.

that is a great looking kit, really well weathered. I always hoped Airfix in it's current phase of doing some British classics might be tempted to do one in 1/72 or 1/48 (with the wing fold option.....)

On 3/1/2019 at 7:36 PM, Meatbox8 said:

Very nice indeed.  A great looking model of an aircraft which I actually think is rather good looking.  It was certainly clever of Fairey to get two engines and an AEW radar in to an aircraft which could actually fit on a Royal Navy carrier.

I have this kit in the stash and I noticed that the fuselage strengthening ribs are rather (too) pronounced.  On your build they look nice and subtle.  Did you sand them down at all?

no,I din‘t  sand them down.

• Like 1

The best Sword Gannet so far.

Compliments, also on the photography.

Regards, Orion