This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Eric Mc

Sad News Regarding my Wife

I'm not normally one for baring all on internet forums. By and large, I keep my contributions here to matters of news or other non-personal issues.

However, I do feel that I have to tell you all some very sad news. My wife Hazel died on 7 February from kidney cancer. It was only diagnosed late last September and unfortunately was already too far advanced for chemo and radio therapy to have any real effect.

It's quite tough at the moment but I am trying to focus on getting back to as normal a life as I can although I am finding concentrating on work very difficult.

Her funeral is at St Peter's Parish Church Farnborough, Hants at 2.15 pm, March 7 with a reception in the Parish Centre next door to the church.

If any forum members in the area would like to attend that funeral, they are by all means welcome.

So sorry to hear your news Eric,deepest sympathies for you and your family....

Edited by Vince1159

I find it extremely tough to find words in such a Situation, especially when we have replied to each other on various threads ut essentially are complete strangers, however familiar your Super Seven (?) Icon is to me. 

Keep your head up, and always Keep a loving Memory of her. I am certain there are lots of Kind People around who will be there for you in this hard times. 

Indeed there are lots of great people (family and friends) providing comfort and support.  I'm trying to get on with as many normal things as I can but it's not always easy. I've even had the Seven out for a couple of spins around the locality. I might even drag it out today.

I'm so sorry to hear this Eric, try to take comfort that there are folk on here whom you've never met & maybe never will that do care for you in your sorrow & need. 

Take care,

Steve.

So sorry for your loss Eric.

My condolences to you and your family, Eric. My thoughts are with you during this extremely difficult time.  

Chris. 

Sorry to hear your news Eric. We may not have conversed on here, but I know exactly where you are coming from. It's a tough time, but if you can focus on the good memories, it may make the next few months a little easier. You have family and friends around you, and you can always rely on your fellow modellers on the forum for support. 

Frank

Condolences to yourself and the family Eric, I assume we might not see you on the 4th under the circumstances.:sorry:

1 hour ago, Eric Mc said:

What's happening on the 4th?

Apologies Eric got my Mondays mixed up. regards Chris

I thought you might be mixed up. I expect to be there on 11th.

Ironically, it's likely I'll be at another funeral on Monday 4th.

Not a good time at the moment.

Oh Eric, so sorry to hear of this. Please accept my condolences from someone who has also been there. 

It’ll be tough but with the support of family and friends you’ll get there.

Graham

7 hours ago, Eric Mc said:

I'm not normally one for baring all on internet forums. By and large, I keep my contributions here to matters of news or other non-personal issues.

I can understand that entirely, but can see why you needed to talk about something so huge.  Please accept my condolences on her loss.  She clearly meant a great deal to you. :(

Eric, like the others have said above the extended Britmodeller family are here to talk when you need to. My sympathies and condolences at this time. 

Sorry to hear the sad news, condolences to you.

My dear chap - please accept my sincere condolences at what must be a most terrible time.
Sometimes the company of strangers can be a boon, and I'm sure we'd all be happy to listen, distract, or help as needed.

Jon

Eric, 

so sorry to hear your news.  Please accept my condolences; I hope that you can find support and comfort at this time.

Kind regards,

Tim B

Sorry for your loss Eric, thoughts are with you.

My sincere condolences. Having been through the same experience (except that it was lung cancer) eleven years ago I know how you must feel. Never forget that you have a second, big, family here at Britmodeller, and that there are lots of shoulders to cry on if you need them.