Stretched Hercules, C-130J-30 resin conversion - Latest decalling photo's April 18th

I've got the base coat of paint on the Herc, I'm going for a slightly weathered look, and the mottling should be reduced with subsequent layers ...

Img_0385

Img_0387

I can almost see the finish line from here!

Colin

• Like 6

The painting continues on the Herc , lots of little details to be masked and sprayed. I'm starting to get excited about finishing this beast!

Img_0390

Img_0394

Img_0395

Img_0396

C-130J-30

Hope you like so far,

Colin

• Like 12

• Tail-Dragon changed the title to Stretched Hercules, C-130J-30 resin conversion - Latest photo's Mar 22

Small detail painting almost complete, at last.

Img_0402

Img_0405

... a note on the prop blades - 24 blades, 2 sides, 3 colors each - the masking has taken days, and still the metalized leading edge to go!

By the time this thing is done, I may be blind!

• Like 10

• Tail-Dragon changed the title to Stretched Hercules, C-130J-30 resin conversion - Latest photo's Mar 27th

Lucky you for having to paint so many colours on the props, and nice work by the way!

It is looking better every update you make. You have inspired me to start work on mine again, and looking at your pictures has made me realise I have a few more parts to make and add before putting it in the paint shop.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still working on the Herc.  Had a delay when my computer melted down, but it's up and running now.

I've been decaling for FOUR days (Jeez this thing has a lot of stencils, etc!)  Getting the walkway boarders lined up was the worst, but I'm getting there!

decal

finished product continued on ...

Edited by Tail-Dragon
  • Like 11

• Tail-Dragon changed the title to Stretched Hercules, C-130J-30 resin conversion - Latest decalling photo's April 18th