CH-46 U.S. Marines-Vietnam (Academy 1:48)

wimbledon99

On 5/21/2019 at 9:08 PM, helios16v said:

Loving it!  :cheers:

Thanks!! Cheers to you too :happy:

On 5/21/2019 at 9:49 PM, modelling minion said:

Well Nigel she has been worth the wait as she really is looking very good indeed.

I hope the last few bits and bobs don't take too long, we all know how real life has a habit of getting in the way of modelling, I look forward to seeing her in the gallery soon.

Many thanks, Craig  :happy:

The last few weeks have been a struggle with finding time but I'm pleased to report that she is now complete with photos uploaded to Flickr. However, Flickr is currently off-line for maintenance so I'll have to put her in the gallery tomorrow. I might also try a couple of pictures in the sunshine before I do!! :brb:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nigel Heath said:

The anticipation is killing me!

Me too!! I took the photos and can only see them on the screen of my phone! Waiting to see what they look like on a bigger screen once Flickr is back up.

Have a busy weekend ahead so I may have to wait until Monday (if they get their act sorted)

• Like 1

OK - So I managed to get some photos on Flickr.

Before I call this build complete, I have to praise Craig for being such a wonderful host. He's invested time into every entry and has offered help and support where required. Personally, a few weeks ago I didn't know the difference between a Sea Knight and a Chinook so I consider myself educated via this GB. Top job and many thanks!!!! :worthy:

47926374828_852ca7cc5b_k.jpg

47926374608_436bdcebde_k.jpg

47926366717_5882c2a4f3_k.jpg

47926366507_2a3aec2300_k.jpg

47926373838_52cd1752a9_k.jpg

• Like 5

On 5/27/2019 at 1:58 AM, Nigel Heath said:

Wow, that looks exceptional. Very nice work with the folded rotors. The canopy masking is also excellent, I hope I can get mine looking half as good. 

Thank you, Nigel. Very much appreciated  :happy:  I used an Eduard mask for the canopy; I find they are generally pretty good as long as they are pulled at an angle when removing. I'm sure yours will look just fine!

On 5/27/2019 at 7:49 PM, Jabba said:

The wait for the photos was well worth it. Nice to see another CH-46 with blades folded.

Hi Jabba, Thank you :happy:  Indeed, and they help with the display size :wink:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, helios16v said:

You fail.

Fail to disappoint!  Lovely finish.  :cheers:

Thanks so much, Helio. I'm glad you like her and cheers once again :cheers:

Hi Nigel. Hope you are well. I have to say the wait for your photos was well worth it! Your heli looks excellent! Beautiful build, paintwork and finish. Very well done! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. Hope you are well. I have to say the wait for your photos was well worth it! Your heli looks excellent! Beautiful build, paintwork and finish. Very well done! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Morning Stix, Thank you, it's kind of you to say. I thoroughly enjoyed this build so I'm pleased it's come out OK!! Cheers. Nigel

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...