CH-46 U.S. Marines-Vietnam (Academy 1:48)

wimbledon99

Looking great, I’d not know the difference 😉

You’re really gonna see those belts through the large amount of glazing on these thinks, especially in the Scale we’re doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wafu said:

Looking great, I’d not know the difference 😉

You’re really gonna see those belts through the large amount of glazing on these thinks, especially in the Scale we’re doing.

Thanks Wafu :happy:  I think you could be right about the seatbelts. It will make a change to be able to see a cockpit compared to some recent fixed wing builds!

• Like 1

I've worked on one of the inner walls today and can't recall ever putting so many decals on the inside of a model; and I've still the other wall plus doorway to do!! 👀

46387397395_ebeeba084f_k.jpg

• Like 7

On 3/7/2019 at 7:43 PM, modelling minion said:

Excellent work on the inner wall Nigel, and those decals DO make a difference and are worth it.

Thanks Craig, I'm hoping to have the other side complete by the end of the week 🤞

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 2

Quick update:

I've completed the other side (once the cement sets) so I just need to decide whether to go for seats or stretchers (or maybe both) and then I'll be able to marry up the two halves:penguin:

32451902877_adaca91fae_k.jpg

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Wafu said:

Looking very nice indeed, you’ll have no problem bring the two half’s together.

Thanks Wafu  :happy:  You were correct about the two halves, they were a breeze to fit!!

6 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Shaping up to be a cracking build Nigel,great work.

Thank you Steve  :smile:

5 hours ago, milktrip said:

great work on the interior. :thumbsup:

Thanks Aaron  :smile:  I'm a tad gutted that not much can be seen once joined. I fitted one seat just to add a bit of colour but it's lost without a torch!! I took the photos below with the flash on to be able to see the inside.

32463560357_eefce45b30_k.jpg

47405672571_54a9129ac1_k.jpg

32463560137_669263789d_k.jpg

• Like 8

A good start, and will follow with the building of the folding rotors. I know what you mean about the inside fuselage decals, but Chinooks (which I worked on) were festooned in small stencils.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 7:32 PM, modelling minion said:

Very nice work Nigel.

Looks like the two halves fit together very well.

It really is quite difficult to see the interior on there in either 1/72 or 1/48, but at least we know what we put in there!

On 3/18/2019 at 2:07 AM, Nigel Heath said:

Nice looking interior.

14 hours ago, Jabba said:

A good start, and will follow with the building of the folding rotors. I know what you mean about the inside fuselage decals, but Chinooks (which I worked on) were festooned in small stencils.

Hi all and thank you  :happy:

It's going together quite nicely and no hassles to report other than the pin marks. I just wish more of the interior work / detail could be seen  :sad:  C'est la vie!!

Right, quick progress update. Bulk of fuselage built. Need to add front end a decide what door combo I want at the back; half open maybe? There are also some shields for the back 'tower' and I'm thinking I should add them at the end so as to be able to paint the fuselage underneath where they will reside. Rotors are prepped in the background ready for construction. Starting to take shape!!

32479811127_7504906122_k.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Superb looking project Nigel and it looks to be going (mostly!) superbl;y!! I will try to check in more often!

Kind regards,

Stix

You're very kind, Stix but you're also very busy with hosting and building so not to worry if you don't :wink:

• Like 1

Thanks for the picture Nigel.

I've double checked the instructions / parts and there's definitely nothing missing from that perspective. I'm going to leave the ramp open and just ensure that I take any pictures from the correct angle. One would have to pick the model up and view it from a particular angle to see the lack of detail but even so, I'm still surprised that Academy seem to have omitted a part that would make things so much better :sad:

• Like 2