Italeri 1:72 Short Stirling Mk IV

aerodes

Well, started the kit in readiness for a D-Day exhibition, Remembrance week this year - hoping to get around to the Horsa glider as well. Took a lot of digging to find after market kits there are still available - a lot been discontinued. Most of inside to be painted 'interior green' - opted for the Mr. Color 351 because it's supposed to be BS283 rather than an FS std.

OK lots of bits now ready for the green paint but came to fuselage halves. Inside full of ejector marks -17 in each half and some cutting through moulded details highlighted with red line -

p.jpeg?size_mode=5p.jpeg?size_mode=5

Then there is some horrible sinking on the outside and one of the places where the part joined the sprue is exactly in line with a row of rivets. So smoothing out the sprue mark takes out some of the rivets.

p.jpeg?size_mode=5

Question please - the ejector pin marks (some in blinkin' awkward places to get at) and sink marks are too shallow to fill with body filler. Would filling with layers of paint achieve an acceptable;l finish?

Rgds

Indeed your pictures are invisible. I had no sink marks in mine but it was  from the start of the first run of plastic - although I have been told this makes no difference and it's the moulding PTV conditions that cause sink marks.

On the exterior you have a problem that layers of paint will not fix. I would mask the decent bits and use Mr Surfacer.

On the inside you can't see much anyway unless you have a good endoscope. I wouldn't bother about them.

There are some hints and tips for building a D-Day glider tug here...........

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234965440-italeri-stirling/

I hope you enjoy the build - it's a good kit.