A German also-ran: The Heinkel He-51

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/06/2019 at 09:24, Marklo said:

Just looking for kits. The Roden is expensive, I wonder if the Special Hobby one is any good? it's a whole lot cheaper.

It gets good reviews, and I`m sure the cockpit would look a bit better out of the box with the resin bits included. 

• 1 month later...

Well, this build has sort of stalled, as happens with almost all of my projects when they get close to completion. I get sick and tired of the busy work that is left and start spending more time rummaging through my stash for my next build, and that is a warning sign indeed. Rigging is not that hard on this plane, but I was dumb enough to glue the top wing on before doing the rigging, so now it is MUCH more difficult since the staggered layout makes it difficult to access the root of the struts where the wires go. I have already messed the lower wing with some superglue, and while difficult to notice it is noticeable to ME! :unamused:

But I managed to  scratch build a simple Revi gunsight since there was nothing in the box. 

spacer.png

I wonder why this piece seems to be left out of all (?) of the HE-51 kits out there? I mean, the guns are there, so how would they be aimed without one? Maybe there is something I haven't thought about, but I find it baffling.

Anyho, as I wrote, this kit is now on the shelf until the mojo comes back. Life is too short and I have several kits in my stash I would like to build, and I think I just need something simple I can finish off in a few weeks.

The Eduard Bell X-1 ProfiPack kit has next to no parts, no complicated camouflage, and certainly no rigging... :hmmm: