KV-107 JGSDF Okinawa rescue scheme

modelling minion

7 hours ago, Jabba said:

If it is not too late Craig, I forgot to mention that the colour on the rotor head blade sleeve should also be on the reciprocating blade.

Thanks Jabba, I'll have a look and see if I can find exactly whereabouts I need to add the paint. Every time I think I've actually finished something else pops up that needs dealing with!

1 hour ago, wimbledon99 said:

The panel wash looks great!! Looks better and better every time I pop in  :thumbsup:

Thanks Nigel very much appreciated.

Well I've finally got around to taking some pics of what I now consider my finished model, I've been looking at KV-107 pics for where @Jabba said that there should be a second ring of paint on the rotors but there doesn't seem to be any on KV-107's so I'm leaving mine as they are for now.

So here are the pictures starting with a general shot of how she looks but without the rotors placed on (I have left them loose for ease of transport and storage), some of the later pics will show the final added details which I will try to remember to point out, anyway onto the pictures;

47653827862_6cd7a942db_o_d.jpg

Followed by a look at the VHF aerial added near the base of the rear pylon, this was made from some stretched sprue;

40740393683_3332d58cce_o_d.jpg

A shot of the nose area showing the scratch built mirrors, the small hook (?) on the extreme nose and the two aerials under the nose which have their vertical elements provided by the dog (thank you Mabel);

47706826381_1ef9f58e12_o_d.jpg

And a shot of the port side of the fuselage which shows the aerial wire in situ which was made from a strand of my wife's hair (thank you Dear), quite the family project this build isn't it!

40740396613_2bec43db7c_o_d.jpg

And a couple of shots of her with the rotors in place;

47706834321_e9e2d4b8a0_o_d.jpg

47706838351_5705dd2c42_o_d.jpg

33829482868_84984239e2_o_d.jpg

Well that's it for me except to thank you all for your inputs and advice on my build and for your participation in my first GB as host. I have really enjoyed this build and have learned a lot about the KV-107/CH-46 along the way. I shall post some more pics in the gallery.

Thanks again.

Craig.

• Like 7

Hi Craig. Well that turned out superbly! Just been checking the photos out in the Gallery. The paintwork, decals and finish are all very, very impressive! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Cracking job, Craig!! The aerials are a lovely touch. Nicely done :clap::clap:

Thanks Nigel, very much appreciated.

4 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Craig. Well that turned out superbly! Just been checking the photos out in the Gallery. The paintwork, decals and finish are all very, very impressive! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix, you are way too kind as usual my friend, thank you.

3 minutes ago, spaddad said:

tasty

Thanks, glad you like her.

8 hours ago, CliffB said:

It looks like I've turned up just in time.  It's fantastic Craig :goodjob:

Thanks Cliff, you are too kind.

5 hours ago, Jabba said:

Superb job, very nice colour scheme and well presented.

Cheers Jabba, very much appreciated. Hopefully you will pop along to the IPMS Mercia table tomorrow at MK and have a look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Thanks Greg, you are way too kind my friend.

How are you and what have you been working on lately? 

I am very well! (Thanks for asking.)

Been up to the usual assorted mayhem:

1/32 Nieuport 28

1/144 C-47

1/144 Sea King (yet another one)

Canadian CF-'Egg'-teen

And currently working on turning one of these...

47662119181_4b3a9c93f0_o.jpg

...Into one of these:

46938068184_d99be2dd60_o.jpg

Good to hear from you! I've been following your CH-46 GB with great interest.

• Like 1