- SUKHOI Su-35 Flanker E

-This is the Great Wall Hobby model in 48  Scale the kit by itself is very good but it was not that easy as I though at first to built. The exhaust are from AMUR River. In this kit the canopy was not tinted so I've dipped the canopy in klir colored with yellow ink - That work fairly well .The difficulty come to find the right amount of ink to obtain the good shade.

M4aF13.jpg

kBCWtR.jpg

qI0Usj.jpg

sN7eec.jpg

RdRYDZ.jpg

lrrVNl.jpg

rDDCDv.jpg

• Like 41

that looks like a fantastic model you did here!

:)

:thumbsup:

you really nailed the color shade!!

also the slightly worn look and the metallics are awesome :)

do you have any more photos of the cockpit?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, exdraken said:

that looks like a fantastic model you did here!

:)

:thumbsup:

you really nailed the color shade!!

also the slightly worn look and the metallics are awesome :)

do you have any more photos of the cockpit?

- I'll try to make some but I m not sure of the final result.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulsbrown said:

Looks great! What dark gray and light blue did you end up using?

-I've used Akan paints Eggplant and for lower surfaces 35622 Mr color mixed with few drop of medium blue to get the shade I wanted. I felt the eggplant grey closer of a faded shade than the one applied on  recently issued machines  so I've used darker weathering powder to get a different darker grey shade around structure and panel  lines  and on some larger suraces panels to give a better general weathered aspect.

8 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Very nicely done Sukhoi :thumbsup:... Normally i dont comment on modern Sukhoi’s or Migs. However i think the Su’s look best in this scheme. 

- I agree with you that's why I used this scheme instead of the blues tones suggested by GWH. but incidentaly this change leads to a mistake on the sting for a grey machine: the twin flare dispensers are on the top of the sting instead of the underside as on the kit . I've noticed that too late to correct this  the paint process was almost completed.

- The mod is not very difficult. Just cut the sting before the tail cone and after the dispenser, rotate the part obtained and glue it again in the right position.

• Thanks 1

That eggplant scheme really has grown on me. Didn't care for it much when I first saw it but over time the weathered appearance lends a fiercer look to it in my opinion. You've done a lovely job on yours, well done!

Edited by Avgas
  • Thanks 1