Faun Elephant SLT-56 Panzer transporter 1:35

Mikemc

As all above superb looking Faun. Very nice weathering.  I want to mention,  that Trumpeter makes a  SLT56 Franziska for the Leopard 2. Not the SLT50 Elefant predecessor. Looking similar, but are  different types. Cheers

I see that you have the rear tie-down chains attached to the towing hook.  This would not be done as the hook is not stressed for the weight, can be forced open and only provides a singe tie-down point with no safety redundancy.  There are tie-down points on the chassis.  

One of the reasons we see "obligatory" tanks on the back of the various HETs is that under EU regulations vehicles of this class (STGO in the UK) cannot be used on public roads in peacetime to carry loads that can be carried by lighter weight class transporters: it's an axle loading thing.  The load also has to be a single indivisible object, which is for example why you won't see 2 Warriors on a UK HET although it is capable of taking them.  Those rules don't apply on private roads or off-road, noting that this truck is off-road - and I imagine they would be ignored in time of war.  That truck would not be a road-legal load anywhere in the EU.  HETs of all types rarely venture off prepared roads or other hard surfaces, including graded and rolled gravel tracks etc, as their traction is insufficient to avoid bogging-in and no recovery vehicle can handle them when loaded.  The all wheel drive and wide tyres are to spread the weight and traction forces, not to give cross-country mobility.

• 3 weeks later...