Kinetic 1/48 T-45C: Almost ended up in the trash bin

Collin.............I`m going to nominate you for the Hall of Fame after turning that god awful kit into a masterpiece.  Those pictures of the poor fit of parts makes all of us kit builders cringe with fright and sickness.  You, like many others here, have earned my respect and admiration.  Congratulations on the outstanding result!!!!!!!! 👍

I am not worthy :worthy:

Looks like you definitely have the skills to overcome the challenge of any kit on that showing! The result looks lovely.

Very glad you didn't throw it out, it's a good looking partner for your excellent T-38.

Alan

Its turned out really nice though mate.

I'm building the 1/48 Revell Spitfire MK IXc and although enjoyable is becoming tedious with the constant fitting issues.

I think its about 80% putty now!

Plus I've sanded off about 30% of the kit 😁

Splendid work and excellent result.

With regards to Kinetic and good fit... those don't always fit in the same sentence, as with their instructions, those could also be made better, but... they have beautiful models, which require some (read: a lot) of dryfitting, shimming etc.. but on the other hand... hey we're modellers... it comes with the job.... and they have some beautiful subjects...

Can I ask what kind of putty you used on the wing to fuselage connection?

6 hours ago, Silenoz said:

Can I ask what kind of putty you used on the wing to fuselage connection?

I used SprueGoo (Google it and you will see videos on it)....basically leftover spures melted into a half empty bottle of Tamiya liquid cement.  That's it.  I forgot the name of the speciallized German-brand yellow putty you see as well....but that stuff is just fantastic.  

SprueGoo is basically melted plastic that I had to plop on there and just put the model away for at least two weeks while it all set up.  If you dont' wait long enought it won't be solid to allpw sanding.  It's the "nuclear option" for me when a gap, or ledge in this case, just can't be overcome by putty alone.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spruegoo&newwindow=1&safe=off&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjpjM7M1bbhAhWkTt8KHUFHAbMQ_AUIDygC&biw=1920&bih=883

Cheers

Collin

Edited by Collin