SB2C-4 Helldiver 1/48

Some photos of my Helldiver diorama, pulling out of a dive, under fire, hydraulics lagging, fleeing for cover and altitude.

This is the beautiful Revell 1:48 kit which I enjoyed very much. I left off the gunners (admittedly very sensible) armour plate in order to give more of a gung-ho feeling to the scene.

DSC_1178-K300_zpsaiczbngu.jpg

DSC_0159%202-K300_zpsm8haj6n3.jpg

DSC_0180%202-K300_zpsdl4mnjrs.jpg

DSC_0172%202-K300_zpsse49a93f.jpg

DSC_0169%202-K300_zpsxp6w4gp3.jpg

DSC_0162%202-K300_zpsarwptq7t.jpg

DSC_1163-K300_zps4du4j6lb.jpg

DSC_0178%202-K300_zpshjboyhnz.jpg

DSC_0160%202-K300_zpsqzjjb5ey.jpg

DSC_0172%202-K300_zpsdvqckqdk.jpg

DSC_1169-K300_zpssw45dedr.jpg

DSC_1164-K300_zpsn3y8esqw.jpg

Thanks for looking!

CF

Edited by Cellarfrog
typo!
  • Like 40

That's an impressive presentation! Very creative and superbly executed. You feel the noise and jolts.

I just wonder if the turtle back wouldn't be folded down when the gunner turns his weapons?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Toryu said:

That's an impressive presentation! Very creative and superbly executed. You feel the noise and jolts.

I just wonder if the turtle back wouldn't be folded down when the gunner turns his weapons?

Toryu, very well spotted, indeed less the turtle back than the straw and the camels back (mine..)...throughout the build I was focusing on many other mods: the bomb bay doors were not intended to be mounted in the closed position, replacing the yagi antennae, modification of a US pilot figure to use as the gunner, adding the machine gun rotation, magazines, ammo belts, and all the time studying the photos with a niggling "to do" to myself to have a closer look at the rear canopy. Sure enough with the gunner being the last to be placed in the model it all became very clear what the folding back canopy was all about! I take my hat off to those model builders who can, at that late stage of a build, reach for the hacksaw and make such a mod, for me it was too late! Well spotted. Here is a photo I was referencing, the "turtle back" clearly folder down.

IMG_1385_zpsj0zsgvu7.jpg

Edited by Cellarfrog
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, franky boy said:

Beautiful work, I love it!

Is the prop blur done on acetate sheet?

James

Yes indeed a plexiglass sheet (as thin as I could buy, then shaped and slightly engraved using fine sand paper with the disk on the dremel.

IMG_1673_zpsf0tady1p.jpg

• Like 1