CH-46 / KV-107 Reference Thread

A fantastic walkaround of a Canadian CH-113 can be found here;

http://nabe3saviation.web.fc2.com/explanatione-fr.html

Whilst there check out the rest of Akira Watanabe's site, his models are fantastic and there are some great pictures of both Japanese and other nationalities aircraft including KV-107's.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2019 at 10:02 PM, modelling minion said:

Some very useful pics here for those wishing to build a Swedish HKP-4B.

Could be useful for other machines too, as I see for exemple pics of the underbelly searchlight that Fujimi forgot in its HH-46A box. From my point of view, it does look the same.

;)

fvmuseum-hkp4_35.jpg

IPMS Stockholm

• Like 3

Some pictures of CH-46s whilst I was at Ali Al Salem AB Kuwait in Marchish 2003 during OIF or Op telic as we brits know it.

592430bc-ae76-4d19-96d2-44fcbb6616cc.jpg

e81af83b-906d-48ec-ac3a-60ef2ccf26e1.jpg

97ac2d06-b608-4c7a-ac3f-c6baf635b2c0.jpg

6ef9cb54-278b-4426-8aeb-915dd855d054.jpg

57f2bbd9-601a-46ef-9cc3-c50f57ea76b1.jpg

2e265431-c7ab-497d-8ad3-e31bb07fb1a9.jpg

756741ce-c918-4d20-81ad-c7c8d0e93c1e.jpg

eb62421d-f3d5-435b-b517-55194e3f82fd.jpg

7b8c19e3-5673-4b9a-a200-4fc41e8f4efb.jpg

89c69609-6bd2-4865-bb56-22e32a771700.jpg

Edited by Jabba
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Nice references here, however, mostly if not only CH-46/CH-113 interiors. So my question is, to which should te interior of a KV-107 lean to? Was the 113 actually a 46 or more a 107? And how far is is a Hkp-4 in this? To me it looks like the 113 is closest related to it... or if anyone has a 107 interior, that would be awesome!

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 9:09 PM, 128fiddler said:

Nice references here, however, mostly if not only CH-46/CH-113 interiors. So my question is, to which should te interior of a KV-107 lean to? Was the 113 actually a 46 or more a 107? And how far is is a Hkp-4 in this? To me it looks like the 113 is closest related to it... or if anyone has a 107 interior, that would be awesome!

It would depend which version of KV-107 you want to build as the three main versions all have different roles with the JASDF ones being primarily used for SAR with the JGSDF ones being troop transport and supply and the JMSDF ones being used for ASW and therefore having all the sonar equipment inside that is associated with that role.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still trying to find a decent image of the rotor head that shows roughly how to represent the hydraulic pipe work, which I believe actuates the blade fold. A picture from overhead, or maybe a drawing would be ideal.

Also, Fujimi state black for the rotor head colour. Hard to tell from pictures, could be a dark grey? 

Thirdly, Fujimi state silver for the upper surface of the blades. This seems unlikely for US Navy and Marine Corps aircraft. I'm guessing just black or possibly a dark green?

Any help appreciated :)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Smudge said:

I am still trying to find a decent image of the rotor head that shows roughly how to represent the hydraulic pipe work, which I believe actuates the blade fold. A picture from overhead, or maybe a drawing would be ideal.

Also, Fujimi state black for the rotor head colour. Hard to tell from pictures, could be a dark grey? 

Thirdly, Fujimi state silver for the upper surface of the blades. This seems unlikely for US Navy and Marine Corps aircraft. I'm guessing just black or possibly a dark green?

Struggled, very unsuccessfully, to find clear pictures from the rotor head from above myself as I wanted to add the pipe work to my build but it turned out I didn't need them for a KV-107 but unfortunately you do for a CH-46. I tend to agree with Fujimi that black is the right colour for the rotor head, though I disagree with them about the rotor blades as I believe them to be either grey or black depending on the particular aircraft as I have seen both in pictures.

2 hours ago, Smudge said:

Looking at my pictures above of Marine CH-46s the blades and rotor heads do appear to be black. I too have been looking for rotor head pictures be have had very little luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1