Modeling again. Yay! Too many choices...

Ham Hands

Hello. Due to family responsibilities, I had to stop modeling some months ago.  A draken I was building here remains under the sink. It looks good but the undercarriage is....??? (I am sure I'll find it)

I dug out 2 models I've had for over 20 years, a 1/48 MPM Fw-189, and a 1/48 Historic plastic models Pe-2. (I had forgotten I owned these kits.)

I just bought the new Kinetic Gold M-346. It is so beautiful. The kit looks amazing and the aeroplane is so damned cute. I also want to build the Kinetic Amx ground attack aircraft.

Of course, I have a huge stash and am spoiled for choice.

The little Kinetic Gold M-346 is quite something. I reckon it is Tamiya quality. I would like the Fw-189....

Question; are stashes a good idea??? :

• 4 months later...

Hi HamHands

Are stashes a good idea? Well, I have a heap of kits going back to the late 80s at least, maybe over 100. Mostly aircraft, a few ships and some armour.

At least it means you in effect have your own mini model store, from which you can visit and retrieve whatever takes your fancy, free of charge. Well, that's what I tell myself!

Timbo88

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've just returned to aircraft modeling after years of inactivity.  I picked out a model I wanted to use as my "starter" model and ordered it, but while waiting for it to arrive (why does it seem so many model kits are only available from Japanese or Chinese vendors?) I've already ordered 3-4 more models!  I don't think this quite qualifies as a "stash" yet, but I seem to be drifting in that direction.  😁

• Like 2