HMS ARK ROYAL R09

crobinsonh

There is a 1/700 resin kit produce by Atlantic Models sold from Starling models,the hull and bridge needs some work,but the Photo etching is first class.l will put some photo,s later today.l replaced all the aircraft because l wanted more and found a couple of deck vehicles left over from other carrier builds.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Chris Hewitt said:

There is a 1/700 resin kit produce by Atlantic Models sold from Starling models,the hull and bridge needs some work,but the Photo etching is first class.l will put some photo,s later today.l replaced all the aircraft because l wanted more and found a couple of deck vehicles left over from other carrier builds.

Can I ask, where did you get the replacement 1/700 scale aircraft from?

Regards

MM

54 minutes ago, Chris Hewitt said:

They are the Trumpeter 1/700 U.S.  F-4J Phantom II,item no 03423.not easy to find ,if you do, buy then.The Gannets,Buccaneers and Seakings are Orange Hobby,the Wessex  is L'arenal. All can be bought from eBay and other sites.

Thank you for the info. Good build by the by...….

Regards

MM

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 2:14 PM, Chris Hewitt said:

Hi, just about to purchase the ark from Starling,please could you advise as to the correct overall RN Grey colour code and manufacturer and would you sugest brush or spray aplication     Thank You   ,Charlie Leaver.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/23/2019 at 5:44 PM, Chris Hewitt said:

As promised the photo,s of  Ark. My assistant ! 

mS40dGV.jpg

WvRkcBp.jpg

6LBAYFN.jpg

ImPAvai.jpg

t8dGh1k.jpg

ICKBWia.jpg

Hi Chris 

Great work,i am just starting the ark royal build and found when i was pairing down the hull that is has slight banana bend, did you experience this and if so was it detrimental to the build?

hi 

No my hull was straight,you need to straighten the hull ,it will become noticeable at the end of the build,you need the submerge the hull in hot water and apply pressure to straighten it out ,this might take a couple of goes.