REVELL M48 A2 GA 2 Out of service Display 1:35

Hi mates

Today i want present my M48 A2 GA 2 by Revell/Germany. My idea was to show a tank what is out of service already and stand on a concrete basement in anyone barracks.

The build was out of the box and the paints are from Tamiya which i lightened a bit to show bleeched surface.

The trees on the base are selfmade pine trees, my first ones ever and i am not contened with them. The pine needles are cut from an old shaving brush.

dscf1073jdket.jpg

dscf10744mk6v.jpg

dscf1075ugjis.jpg

dscf1078j6kwv.jpg

dscf10823hkfg.jpg

dscf1083kok54.jpg

dscf10848pjrb.jpg

dscf108574jwo.jpg

dscf1088jcjui.jpg

dscf1071kfkff.jpg

dscf1072g4kz9.jpg

• Like 19

The scene overall is convincing and well made. When you know what to look for you see some Revells typical shortcuts. But that is only with your close up pics. Although I read there were some inaccuracies in that version, I can't remember which. When looking at the total views it is not too obvious simplifictions. The pine trees and needle accumulations on the tank look great. A bit too many and less patterned bird droppings for my taste, but oh well, that is just a minor thing.

• Like 1

Hi fellas

Thank you so much for your kind words, much appreciated. Well, we all knows that Revell is not Tamiya, but  Revell have a good price for their performance, and thats the only A2 GA 2 what is available on the market.  So i have to accept it, the inaccuracies are not worth mentioning, i got more worse kits in my life, the M48 was more well fit than the Dingo or GTK Boxer, so i will not so much complain about it.

I like the work on your tank and the diorama concept. If I were to offer a criticism, the vehicle is probably still too 'loaded' for even a recent display piece. When a vehicle is consigned to 'gate guardian' status, easily removable and repurposed items like tools, tow cables, fuel cans, etc. are often missing as they can easily be repurposed for other vehicles. I doubt anything with pyrotechnics, like the smoke grenade launchers, would be left loaded and armed, either. The longer a vehicle has been in place on display, even on a military base, the more likely these fittings are likely to be absent. But anyway, congratulations on you fine work. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Asmodai said:

I like the work on your tank and the diorama concept. If I were to offer a criticism, the vehicle is probably still too 'loaded' for even a recent display piece. When a vehicle is consigned to 'gate guardian' status, easily removable and repurposed items like tools, tow cables, fuel cans, etc. are often missing as they can easily be repurposed for other vehicles. I doubt anything with pyrotechnics, like the smoke grenade launchers, would be left loaded and armed, either. The longer a vehicle has been in place on display, even on a military base, the more likely these fittings are likely to be absent. But anyway, congratulations on you fine work. 

Yes i agree much mate, youre right, if i would build it again i would many things doing in different way example the things what you mentioned and also the pine trees, but i was a bit hurry this time when i built it because i want to show it on the EME 2017 in Lingen/ Germany.